This post is a review of the Beauty Pie Superactive Capsules Pure Double Vitamin C & Vitamin E Serum.
Superactive Capsules Pure Double Vitamin C & Vitamin E Serum
Firstly here are 10 facts about Vitamin C and reasons why you should add Vitamin C to your skincare routine!
10 Facts About Vitamin C in Skincare
1. Your skin will appear brighter and more smooth after using Vitamin C. This is because Vitamin C speeds up your skin’s exfoliation rate making your skin more even
2. Vitamin C stimulates your skin’s production of collagen and elastin which helps to plump up your skin and reduce wrinkles
3. Since Vitamin C protects your skin from the environment and UV damage it is best used in the morning. UV light has been found to lower the skin’s Vitamin C levels.
4. L-Ascorbic acid is the form of Vitamin C which penetrates the best
5. A potency of between 3-20% is most effective
6. Vitamin C works better with Vitamin E which is why you often see Vitamin C and E in skincare serums. A good serum also has ferulic acid
7. Vitamin C reduces dark spots and age spots on the skin but speeding up your skin’s natural exfoliation rate.
8. Wounds heal faster after using Vitamin C on the skin
9. Vitamin C serums are more effective than creams or toners
10. Vitamin C protects your skin from pollution in the air such as car exhaust, cigarette smoke
Vitamin C in Skincare: What to Look For
When looking for a vitamin C serum make sure that the form used is L-ascorbic acid. Ideally the concentration should be between 10-20% depending on how sensitive your skin is. I use 10% since 20% was too drying for my skin. An ideal ingredient combination is l-ascorbic acid, Vitamin E and ferulic acid. Since Vitamin C oxidises when exposed to the atmosphere the best products come in airtight packages or dark bottles.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure here.
Beauty Pie Superactive Capsules Pure Double Vitamin C & Vitamin E Serum
At the moment my favourite Vitamin C product is the Beauty Pie Superactive Capsules Pure Double Vitamin C & Vitamin E Serum. This product is 10% Vitamin C and contains Vitamin E inside airtight capsules.
The product works as an excellent base for makeup and leaves a matte finish on the skin. It has that iron like smell that all good vitamin C products have but it’s not overpowering.
Since this product comes in small capsules it is perfect for travelling or carrying in your handbag. I used these capsules in the morning and a different serum at night.
When I was reading about everything you should look for in a vitamin c product, the Superactive Capsules Pure Double Vitamin C & Vitamin E Serum ticked all the boxes. The product contains vitamin c in the form of form used is L-ascorbic acid, as well as vitamin E.
Try Beauty Pie For Free with my Promo Code
If you are interested in trying out Beauty Pie you can get your first month free! Just use the ‘Been referred by a friend?’ link at checkout and use the code: OLIVIA
See my other reviews of Beauty Pie products here
Vitamin C in Skin Care FAQs
How does vitamin C help your skin?
Vitamin C is an antioxidant and helps your skin’s natural regeneration process. It helps your body repair damaged skin cells and makes your skin appear brighter.
Is it good to put vitamin C on your face?
Check the percentage of vitamin C in the moisturiser. Most people can use topical vitamin C on their face without experiencing any adverse reactions. I found 22% too drying for me but was fine with 10%. You need to see what works for your skin type.
Which form of vitamin C is best for skin?
Pure ascorbic acid is the most effective at penetrating the skin barrier and increasing vitamin C levels within the skin.
Is vitamin C or E better for skin?
Both are antioxidants and work effectively when combined together.
- Beauty Pie Qi Energy Range
- Best Beauty Pie Products
- Beauty Pie Haul
- Everything You Need To Know About Beauty Pie
- Meet the membership club for beauty lovers
- Beauty Pie: What is it, how do you sign up and is it actually worth joining?
- Beauty Pie’s Latest Drop Is Perfect For Right Now
- Beauty Pie: What’s all the fuss about?