Are you looking for the best Korean moisturizer? Here are 20 amazing Korean moisturizers that are guaranteed to leave you with beautifully dewy, glowing skin!
Koreans are famed for their multi-stepped skincare routines and excellent skin care products. Korean skincare focuses on hydration to plump up the skin and make the skin look clearer and younger.
In recent years Korean skincare has grown in popularity in the West. The amazing results that have been reported from Korean skincare fans may be due to the natural ingredients that are used.
If you are looking for a Korean moisturizer to use in your ten step skincare routine I have found you a selection of the best from the most popular brands. There is a moisturizer here for every skin type and concern including the best Korean moisturizer for combination skin, the best Korean sunscreen and the best Korean moisturizer on a budget!
This post is all about the best Korean moisturizer.
Best Korean Moisturizer
- 1. Best Korean Moisturizer for Oily Skin
- 2. Best Korean Moisturizer for Dry Skin
- 3. Best Korean Night Moisturizer
- 4. Best Korean Moisturizer for Combination Skin
- 5. Best Korean Moisturizer for Sensitive Skin
- 6. Best Korean Hydrating Moisturizer
- 7. Best Korean Moisturizer for Acne Prone Skin
- 8. Best Korean Anti Aging Moisturizer
- 9. Best Korean Moisturizer with SPF
- 10. Best Korean Daily Moisturizer
- 11. Best Korean Moisturizer Blackhead
- 12. Best Whitening Face Moisturizer
- 13. Best Korean Body Moisturizer
- 14. Best Korean Face Moisturizer for Men
- 15. Best Moisturizer for Sensitive Dry Skin
- 16. Best Korean Moisturizer for Mature Skin
- 17. Best Moisturizer for Redness and Sensitive Skin
- 18. Best Korean Moisturizer for Winter
- 19. Best Moisturizer on a Budget
- 20. Best Korean Rich Moisturizer
- Free from: Parabens, artificial colours, mineral oil, and fragrance
- Leaves a matte finish on the skin
- Has a lightweight texture making it perfect for hot, humid weather.
The Cremorlab Fresh Water Gel is a gel moisturizer. Gel moisturizers are water-based, lightweight and easily absorbed into the skin. They are perfect for oily skin since they do not contain oil and therefore do not add any extra oil to the skin.
The video above describes the benefits of using a gel moisturizer. It also provides a review of the Cremorlab Fresh Water Gel at 12 minutes 30 seconds.
The Cremorlab Fresh Water Gel is the best Korean Moisturizer for Oily Skin. Not only is it gel based but it also contains hazelnut water, algae extract and green tea extract. All of these ingredients help to balance oil production and calm the skin.
Best Korean Moisturizer for Oily Skin
- Contains green tea to protect the skin from external stressors
- Increases skin elasticity by supporting healthy collagen production
- Intensely moisturizes and nourishes the skin
The Yeouth day night cream is an excellent moisturizer if you have dry skin! It contains hyaluronic acid to hydrate the skin, snail extract to repair any damage, and peptides to improve skin elasticity.
This cream creates the optimal environment for the skin to repair itself meaning any fine lines, scars or dark spots will start to diminish with regular use.
The product has an ultra soft texture and leaves the skin glowing and replenished. If you have particularly dry skin this moisturizer is excellent for restoring firmness and suppleness to the skin.
The Yeouth day night cream also supports healthy collagen production making your skin bouncier and more elastic over time.
Best Korean Moisturizer for Dry Skin
- Enriched with ‘super collagen’ and Baobab water to keep the skin hydrated for 12 hours
- Absorbs quickly into the skin without leaving any greasy residue
- Leaves the skin soft, supple and firm
The brand Etude House is known for its anti-aging ingredient “Super Collagen”, which is small particles of hydrolyzed collagen. The Super Collagen along with Baobab tree extract in their products makes the skin look fuller and feel bouncier.
The Etude House Moistfull Collagen Cream leaves you with a plumped up and brighter complexion. It provides moisture that keeps your skin hydrated for over 12 hours, making it an excellent night cream.
This moisturizer has a gel-like texture and would be a good choice if you have combination skin. It absorbs quickly into the skin without leaving any sticky, greasy film.
Best Korean Night Moisturizer
- Water sorbet cream for a combination skin
- Sorbet type formula adjusts oil-water balance and keeps skin refresh
- Keeps skin moist for 72 Hours
The Nature Republic Super Aqua Max Combination Watery Cream contains thirty tree different marine components along with hyaluronic acid to provide moisture for combination skin.
It contains Hawaii Kona deep sea water which is rich in minerals that are easily absorbed into the skin and leaves it with a dewy glow.
The Super Aqua Max Cream is a watery cream which forms a barrier on the skin to protect it from external aggressors. It is a beautifully refreshing cream that works well as a base for makeup.
A little goes a long way so one pot of this moisturizer will last for a while!
Best Korean Moisturizer for Combination Skin
- Hibiscus flower fortifies the skin’s protective barrier
- Improves skin’s condition and has a refreshing and light finish
- Formulated with Ceramide PC-104 to offer deep hydration
The MAMONDE Moisture Ceramide Light Cream is infused with hibiscus which provides long-lasting hydration and helps to fortify the skin’s moisture barrier. Over time the skin’s condition will appear improved, glowing and hydrated.
This is a very light cream but hydrates the skin for over twelve hours. It is excellent for sensitive skin since it soothes any redness and calms irritation. It is not overly perfumed but has a very light floral scent.
Since it is so hydrating and moisturzing this would be a good choice if your skin is both sensitive and dry. The texture of the cream is very light and refreshing but also deeply hydrating.
Best Korean Moisturizer for Sensitive Skin
- Intensively moisturizing and hydrating
- Contains jeju, honey, green tea, and camellia oil to condition the skin
- Marine collagen maintains skin elasticity
The Wonjin Effect Water Bomb Cream is excellent for dry and dehydrated skin. It helps to maintain skin elasticity while infusing the skin with moisture.
The main ingredients that make this moisturizer so hydrating include: aloe vera, brown algae, kelp, bamboo water, hyaluronic acid, oatmeal, marine collagen and jeju oxygenated water.
The Wonjib Effect Water Bomb Cream not only hydrates the skin but also improves skin tone, brightens the skin, helps to repair scars, and minimizes fine lines and wrinkles.
The product absorbs well into the skin and the effects can be seen after only a week of use. It has a light floral scent.
Best Korean Hydrating Moisturizer
- Rich in magnesium and potassium to help visibly restore water depletion
- Calms and soothes irritated and inflamed skin
- Brightens uneven skin tone
The Glow Recipe Banana Souffle Moisture Cream is an extremely soothing and calming cream. It is excellent for acne prone skin since it calms redness and inflammation.
This moistures contains turmeric and magnesium which are both known to re-balance irritated skin and strengthen the skin barrier.
The Banana Souffle Moisture Cream is extremely lightweight and has a delicate banana scent. The calming effect it has on the skin can be felt immediately.
Over time the skin is left hydrated, soothed and soft. The extra hydration makes the skin appear plump and glowing. Click here to read my full review of this product.
Best Korean Moisturizer for Acne Prone Skin
- Made with Jeju orchids to make skin appear younger and healthier
- Tightens skin and reduces wrinkles.
- Brightens overall skin tone
The Innisfree Orchid Enriched Cream is an extremely moisturizing cream which contains jeju orchid extract and peptides. These ingredients both leave the skin firmer and smoothing, reducing any fine lines and wrinkles.
With continued use skin tone becomes brighter and the skin’s texture is improved. Enriched with ingredients that help to fight the signs of aging, this moisturizer leaves the skin more supple and elastic.
The texture of this cream is in between a cream and a gel and leaves the skin lovely and soft. It’s perfect for anyone who has started to see the first signs of aging.
Best Korean Anti Aging Moisturizer
- SPF 50 creamy sun milk formulated specifically for sensitive skin
- Fast absorbing and enriched with aloe vera and cactus
- Non sticky, non greasy formula provides a perfect base for makeup
The Etude House Sunprise Airy Finish SPF50+ is a creamy milk with a SPF 50. It absorbs well into the skin and doesn’t leave any stickiness or greasy film. It’s 100% mineral based making it perfect for skin that is sensitive to chemical blockers.
This cream not only protects the skin from harmful UV rays, but also controls oil production, and brightens skin tone all at once. It is an extremely gentle formula which protects and soothes the skin with centella asiatica extract and aloe vera.
The Etude House Sunprise Airy Finish protects against both UVA and UVB rays, and is free from talc, animal ingredients, mineral oil, and dyes.
Best Korean Moisturizer with SPF
- Builds a moisture barrier that lasts 24 hours
- Garden Cress extract leaves the skin healthy and glowing
- Calms the skin decreasing any redness
The Laneige Water Bank Hydro Cream EX is an excellent daily moisturizer. It instantly moisturizes the skin and provides hydration that last all day.
The moisturizer contains green mineral water which helps to hydrate the skin and strengthen the skin’s barrier. It also contains Garden Cress which is an antioxidant and improves the skin’s defensive ability by removing harmful active oxygen.
This cream leaves your skin is looking dewy and fresh all day by locking moisture in for 24 hours. It is suitable for all skin types and provides an excellent base for makeup.
Best Korean Daily Moisturizer
- Contains over 63% fermented Korean green tea called ‘Chung TaeJeon’ which is fermented through sunlight for over 365 days
- A gel based cream which forms a thin hydrating layer on dry skin
- Anti-bacterial lemon seed oil keeps the skin clear and dewy
The Tony Moly The Chok Chok Green Tea Watery Cream is perfect for both oily and combination skin types. If you get blackheads it is a good choice as the anti-bacterial lemon seed oil stops pores becoming clogged and keeps the skin clear.
This moisturiser contains a very special type of green tea extract called Chung TaeJeon. It has been fermented for over a year and provides maximum hydration to the skin.
Since 63% of the cream is made up of Green Tea, it is packed with anti-oxidants to leave the skin nourished and glowing.
Best Korean Moisturizer Blackhead
- Instantly brightens yellowish, dull skin tone
- Has a whitening effect on the skin with continued use
- Helps to improve the texture and tone of your skin and hide blemishes
The Laneige White Dew Tone up Cream is the best Asian moisturizer if you are looking to lighten your skin or hide dark spots and blemishes. This cream tones your skin immediately, making it appear more even and brighter.
The cream has a pleasant scent and a silky smooth texture to it. With regular use the skin becomes lighter in shade and the overall tone is evened out. In time you may not need to wear foundation anymore and it makes a great base for makeup.
This moisturizer also provides hydration to the skin and keeps the skin moisturized for long hours. It contains saururus chinensis extract which works to brighten the skin.
Best Korean Whitening Face Moisturizer
- Spreads easily and absorbs well without leaving stickiness
- Deeply hydrates and nourishes the skin
- Evens out any dark spots on the skin and reduces fine lines
The Somang Milk Body Lotion has received excellent reviews on Amazon as it is an excellent body moisturizer for removing wrinkles, softening and hydrating the skin and evening out hyperpigmentation. It contains Vitamins A, D, B12, B6, Biotin, Potassium and Calcium which intensely nourish the skin.
This cream forms a protective layer on the skin to keep moisture in. It absorbs well into the skin without leaving any stickiness. It also spreads easily so it is easy to cover your whole body.
The Somang Milk Body Lotion contains glycerin and allantoin which condition the skin and retain moisture.
Best Korean Body Moisturizer
- Contains three different sizes of hyaluronic acid molecules to lock moisture into different layers of the skin
- Vitamin E and avocado oil protect the skin barrier
- Intensively repairs and tightens the skin, restoring elasticity
The Mylansea Face Moisturizer is an excellent all round cream. It is deeply hydrating, containing three different sizes of hyaluronic acid to penetrate deeper into the skin. This keeps the skin hydrated and fresh for longer as the smaller molecules are locked into the skin.
The cream contains extracts of Matricaria and green tea which both have anti aging properties and work to tighten and repair the skin. With regular use this moisturizer can prevent loss of skin elasticity and dryness.
It has the perfect combination of vitamin E and avocado oil which can better protect the skin barrier. These ingredients also promote cell regeneration and improve the skin condition.
Best Korean Face Moisturizer for Men
- Contains 97.5% of snail mucin extract
- Shea butter, aloe, jojoba oil and vitamin E smooth and condition the skin
- Snail is naturally anti-microbial and is packed with super nutrients
The Seoul Ceuticals Snail Repair Cream is the best and most effective snail cream as it contains 97.5% snail mucin extract. Snail is excellent if you have dry and sensitive skin as it’s extremely gentle and aids with skin healing. It also promotes skin regeneration and collagen production, and mositurizes and conditions the skin.
Snail creams are popular for people with dry skin since they are so effective at moisturising the skin and retaining hydration. The Seoul Ceuticals Snail Repair Cream is much better than other more expensive products and has received five star reviews on Amazon.
This cream is effective at brightening the skin, reducing dark spots, smoothing skin tone and reducing wrinkles.
Best Korean Moisturizer for Sensitive Dry Skin
- Improve signs of skin aging, such as dryness, loss of firmness and elasticity
- Smooths wrinkles and fine lines making them less visible
- Repairs skin damage and brightens dullness
MISSHA’s Time Revolution Immortal Youth Cream is a powerful anti aging cream that makes your skin appear rejuvenated and vitalized. It repairs skin damage and improves skin elasticity.
This cream has a floral scent and is rich and silky in texture. As soon as it is applied it strengthens and soothes the skin.
One of the main ingredients is Betula Alba Juice. The bark of Betula Alba doesn’t decay for over 1,000 years. Time Revolution Immortal Youth Cream uses Betula Alba Juice instead of water to boost the product’s anti aging effects.
Best Korean Moisturizer Mature Skin
- Snail mucus strengthens the skin barrier and corrects any skin imbalance
- Contains plant extracts optimized for delivering hydration
- Centella, Mugwort, Raspberry, and Pomegranate Extract help to rejuvenate dry, dull skin
If you have sensitive skin, a snail product is essential. Snail mucin is one of the best ingredients for sensitive skin. The Mizon All in One Snail Repair Cream is another excellent snail product. The snail helps to rebalance the skin and protect the skin barrier.
Snail is also deeply hydrating and firms and plumps up the skin. The Mizon All in One Snail Repair Cream contains 92% snail mucin which absorbs easily into the skin and helps even out skin tone.
Snail mucin remains one of the most popular products of choice for those wanting to reduce redness, blemishes and acne scarring.
Best Korean Moisturizer for Redness and Sensitive Skin
- Contains bidifida ferment lysate, beetroot and hyaluronic acid to hydrate the skin
- Ceramides and botanical extracts prevent dryness or roughness
- A formula of five ceramides provides longer lasting hydration
The Dr Jart+ Ceramidin Cream has gained a cult status for it’s effectiveness in protecting and rejuvenating the skin. This is a great rich, protective cream to use in the winter time. It contains ceramides, hyaluronic acid and botanical extracts to promote a smooth, dewy complexion.
This cream delivers intense moisture while strengthening and protecting the skin. It is a rich textured cream which absorbs quickly and easily into the skin for immediate hydration. It has a formula of five ceramides that supports the ceramides that already exist in your skin. This leads to longer lasting hydration.
The cream also contains bidifida ferment lysate, beetroot and hyaluronic acid to add further hydration to the skin. It can be used day or night and works as a good base for makeup.
Best Korean Moisturizer for Winter
- Perfect for all ages including teenagers seeking a basic skincare routine
- Aloe vera, hyaluronic acid and ceramides supply moisture to the skin
- Absorbs quickly into the skin and can be used from head to toe
The Nature Republic Soothing & Moisture Aloe Vera 92% Soothing Gel is a great Korean Moisturizer if you are on a budget! Aloe Vera is extremely soothing and moisturising and absorbs quickly into the skin.
This moisturizer has a gel like texture. It is suitable for all ages and skin types and would work well for teenagers who are looking for simple and basic products to start their skincare routine.
The Aloe Vera in this cream works well to replenish dry, irritated or inflamed skin. Since it is so affordable I would say it is a must-have for every household as this calming gel can be used in any skin crisis!
Best Korean Moisturizer on a Budget
- Replenishes natural skin lipids
- Repairs the skin after treatments such as microdermabrasion
- Helps to seal in skin moisture to prevent dehydration
The Atopalm Intensive Moisturizing Cream is an effective rich Korean moisturizer. By mimicking natural lipids it is able to replenish lost lipids and prevent over-evaporation of the skin’s moisture.
This cream protects the skin from environmental stress and leaves the skin feeling fresh and moisturised. It is a popular choice for people with dry and sensitive skin. It calms the symptoms of Eczema and Rosacea and is also a good cream if your skin is recovering from facial treatments like microdermabrasion.
The Atopalm Intensive Moisturizing Cream nourishes skin with its unique antioxidant blend, leaving a healthy and vibrant complexion. It is not greasy and is easily absorbed, making it suitable for all skin types. It has been specifically designed for dry, sensitive and irritated skin.
Best Korean Rich Moisturizer
OTHER KOREAN BEAUTY POSTS YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN
- The Korean Hair Serum that Gives your Hair a Glass-like Shine
- A Review of the Glow Recipe Banana Souffle Moisture Cream
- 5 Must Try Korean Lip Care Products
- Etude House Bubble Tea Sleeping Pack Review
- The 10 Step Korean Skincare Routine
- 7 Korean Skincare Secrets Every Woman Should Know
- Etude House Moistfull Collagen Sleeping Pack Review
OTHER ARTICLES RELATED TO KOREAN MOISTURIZERS
- What Is K-Beauty? Here’s Everything You Need To Know
- So, Why Exactly Are We All Still Obsessed With Korean Beauty Regimes?
- Korean beauty: Everything you need to know and what to buy
FAQs on the Best Korean Moisturizers
What is the best Korean tinted moisturizer?
MISSHA have an excellent tinted moisturiser which has SPF 42. The MISSHA M Perfect Cover BB Cream is suitable for combination, sensitive, dry, and normal skin types.
What is the best Korean ampoule?
An ampoule is a serum with a higher concentrations of active ingredients. Ampoules are designed to be used before your essence or serum. An excellent Korean ampoule is the Mizon Snail Repair Intensive Ampoule. It is 80% Snail Mucin. It improves skin resilience, increases elasticity and tightens the skin.
Why is Korean skin care better?
Korean skin care uses mostly natural ingredients and focuses on hydration. Well hydrated skin is plumped up and fine lines and wrinkles are reduced. It also makes the skin look radiant, healthy and glowing.
What is the best Korean serum?
The Glow Recipe Pineapple-C Bright Serum is an excellent Korean serum that has won awards for it’s ability to transform the skin. With regular use it re-texturizes, hydrates, and soothes the skin leaving it luminous and glowing.
Should you rub or pat moisturizer?
Patting is generally gentler than rubbing because you minimise the chances of pulling or tugging the skin.
What is the best moisturizer for Asian skin?
Brands that produce excellent moisturizers for Asian skin include Laneige, Klairs, Mizon, COSRX and Innisfree.