The Best Affordable Eye Creams for Bags and Puffiness, Dark Circles and Wrinkles
The first signs of aging normally start to show around the eyes, upper lip and neck. It’s important therefore to invest in a good eye cream. Luckily there are some great value eye creams available which are affordable but still effective. Depending on your skin type you should look for creams which contain vitamin C, retinol, and hyaluronic acid. If you don’t know where to begin then don’t worry. I have found you the best budget anti wrinkle eye creams available in the UK and US. I have researched eye creams for all concerns including eye cream for dark circles and anti aging eye cream.
Please note that this article may contain affiliate links. You can read my full disclosure at the bottom of the page.
Recommended Eye Creams
- 1. Best Anti Aging Eye Cream for Eczema
- 2. Best Eye Cream for Puffiness, Dark Circles and Wrinkles
- 3. Best Korean Eye Cream
- 4. Best Eye Cream for College Students
- 5. The Best Eye Cream for Crow’s Feet
- 6. Best Eye Cream for Puffy Upper Eyelids
- 7. Best Eye Cream for Dehydration
- 8. Best Eye Cream for Fine Lines and Bags
- 9. Best Instant Eye Lift Cream
- 10. Best Eye Cream for Sensitive Puffy Eyes
- 11. Best Under Eye Cream for Men’s Dark Circles UK
- 12. Best Anti Wrinkle Eye Cream for 30+ Year Old
- 13. Best Anti Wrinkle Eye Cream Cruelty Free
- 14. Best Day Eye Cream with SPF
- 15. Best Eye Cream Mask
- 16. Best Eye Cream for 40+ Year Old
- 17. Best Oil Free Eye Cream
- 18. Best Clinically Proven Eye Cream
- 19. Best Exfoliating Eye Cream
- 20. Best Overall Eye Cream
1. Best Anti Aging Eye Cream for Eczema
CeraVe Eye Repair Cream | Eye Cream for Dark Circles & Puffiness
The CeraVe Eye Repair cream is excellent if you have dark circles or eczema. It also contains ingredients which protect and brighten the skin reducing the looking of dark circles and puffiness. It has three essential ceramides which protect the skin’s natural barrier as well as hyaluronic acid to help retains the skin’s moisture.
This eye cream is a slightly thicker cream than others I’ve tested. If you have dry skin and prefer a slightly weightier eye cream then this is the one for you. It’s also really affordable! The CeraVe Eye Repair cream is currently available on Amazon.
CeraVe Eye Repair Cream Review
- Excellent for very dry skin
- Contains ceramides to protect skin barrier
- Hyaluronic acid leaves the skin well hydrated
2. Best Eye Cream for Puffiness, Dark Circles and Wrinkles
Indeed Labs Eysilix II
The Indeed Labs Eysilix 2 will smooth the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and crow’s feet. Your skin will be visibly brighter and dark circles and puffiness will be reduced. This eye cream is recommended if you have skin that looks fatigued and stressed. The Eysilix II multi action eye treatment is similar to the CeraVe repair cream in that it is excellent for dark circles and puffiness. This cream is slightly thinner and in my opinion less moisturising than the CeraVe cream. It’s still an excellent anti aging eye cream nevertheless.
Indeed Eysilix II Review
- Smooths fine lines and wrinkles
- Reduces puffiness and dark circles
- Ideal for skin that looks fatigued and stressed
3. Best Korean Eye Cream
Etude House Moistfull Collagen Eye Cream
The Etude House Moistfull Super Collagen Eye Concentrate contains small particles of super collagen water and Baobab oil which helps to moisturise the skin. The cream has a bouncy texture and helps to plump up the skin reducing any lines. A little goes a long way and it’s possible this eye cream could last you all year. At night time this eye cream works well with the Etude House Moistfull Collagen Sleeping Pack.
- Extremely moisturising and hydrating
- Plumps the skin reducing fine lines
- Contains baobab oil which helps to retain skin moisture
4. Best Eye Cream for College Students
The Body Shop Drops of Light™ Pure Healthy Brightening Eye Cream
The drops of light eye cream will visibly brighten under eye skin after just one use. It has a cooling applicator which helps to stimulate blood circulation around the eyes. This helps to reduce puffiness. The product contains Red Algae Extract which is rich in Vitamin C, minerals and nutrients. This naturally radiant brightening eye cream is a lovely eye cream for college students.
- Contains Vitamin C
- Comes with a cooling applicator to reduce puffiness
- Brightens the under eye area
5. The Best Eye Cream for Crow’s Feet
First Aid Beauty FAB Skin Lab Retinol Eye Cream With Triple Hyaluronic Acid
The FAB Skin Lab Retinol Eye Cream contains retinol which helps to stimulate natural collagen production and cell turnover. This has the effect of thickening the skin and minimising the appearance of crow’s feet, fine lines and wrinkles. The retinol in the product is microencapsulated which delivers retinol over a prolonged time. This makes it safe to use around the eye area. The product also contains hyaluronic acid to lock in moisture, caffeine to reduce puffiness, and mirco-pearls to help the skin look more radiant. It is the ultimate anti aging powerhouse! (this one isn’t exactly a budget eye cream but for what it is it’s a great price as it’s a brilliant anti aging eye cream)
FAB Skin Lab Retinol Eye Cream Review
- Contains retinol which stimulates collagen production
- Tri-molecular weight Hyaluronic acid locks in moisture
- Caffeine reduces puffiness
6. Best Eye Cream for Puffy Upper Eyelids
The Inkey List Caffeine
The Inkey List eye cream contains caffeine, Matrixyl-3000 and Albania Julibrissin Bark Extract. It helps to prevent skin damage from free radicals which can make dark circles and puffiness more pronounced. As caffeine is a diuretic it can help to relieve water retention which can be a major cause of puffiness under the eyes.
The Inkey List Caffeine Eye Cream Review
- Contains Matrixyl 3000, a peptide which boosts collagen
- Caffeine reduces puffiness
- Fine lines and wrinkles and smoothed
7. Best Eye Cream for Dehydration
Madara Eye Contour cream
The Madara Eye Cream is deeply hydrating and moisturising. It absorbs quickly into the skin and makes the eye contour area look smoother, firmer, and more hydrated. The cream is a light textured gel which is packed with humectants that feel in the skin’s moisture.
- Extremely hydrating
- A light gel which is easily absorbed
- Skin if left looking firmer and smoother
8. Best Eye Cream for Fine Lines and Bags
OLE HENRIKSEN Banana Bright Eye Creme
The Banana Bright Eye Cream is a brightening, vitamin C-rich eye cream that reduces dark circles while improving concealer application and wear. It was originally designed by a make-up artist to create a smooth canvas under makeup. It is excellent for fine lines, wrinkles and eye bags and also helps to eliminate dryness. Vitamin C when used regularly will revive and illuminate the entire eye area. This is a very light weight cream but very hydrating and firming.
Check out the banana bright eye cream reviews on Amazon by clicking the Buy Now button below! In my opinion this is one of the best budget anti wrinkle eye creams available in the UK.
Ole Henriksen Banana Bright Eye Creme
- Creates a smooth canvas which improves concealer wear
- Special pigments instantly brighten & colour-correct the eye area
- Boost collagen which reduces fine lines
9. Best Instant Eye Lift Cream
Sea of Spa Black Pearl – Smooth-out Eye and Lip Contour Cream
The Black Pearl Eye and Lip Contour Cream contains hyaluronic acid, Dead Sea salt, pearl powder, seaweed extract, avocado oil, vitamins A, C and E, squalene, allantoin, arachidonic and linoleic acid. It absorbs quickly into the skin, relieves any swelling, reduces wrinkles, lightens dark circles and eliminates signs of fatigue giving you an instant lift! It also speeds up natural rejuvenation and enhances the skin’s own protective function. An excellent choice if you have sensitive skin.
- Regulates skin’s moisture balance & restores mineral balance
- Intensely moisturizes and nourishes the skin
- Anti inflammatory and speeds up natural rejuvenation
10. Best Eye Cream for Sensitive Puffy Eyes
Avene Soothing Eye Contour Cream
The Avene eye contour cream has an anti-puffiness formula which gently soothes the delicate eye contour area. It is ideal for sensitive skin. The product contains Thermal Spring Water which reduces irritations, tightness and redness. It also has Dextran sulfate which acts by relieving hypersensitive eyelids. If you have sensitive eyes this product would make an excellent daywear eye cream. If you have sensitive eyes and are looking for the best budget anti wrinkle eye cream in the UK, this is a great choice.
Avene Soothing Eye Contour Cream Review
- Promotes hydration and protection of the eye area
- Calms skin irritation, tightness and redness.
- Enriched with moisturising and anti-free radical actives
11. Best Under Eye Cream for Men’s Dark Circles UK
L’Oreal Paris Men Expert Gel Ultra Moisturising Anti-Fatigue Hydra Energetic – 10 ml Eye Roll-On
The l oreal for men eye cream has an ice-cool roll on applicator to help combat dark circles. The formula is enriched with Vitamin C and Guarana and comes in a cooling icy gel formula to leave skin feeling fresh. The Hydra Energetic Eye Roll On was specifically designed for tired looking eyes. This is one of the best budget anti wrinkle eye creams in the UK for men.
- Stimulating roller-ball encourages drainage around the eye
- Vitamin C and proVitamin B5 brightens dark circles
- Feels ice cool on the skin
12. Best Anti Wrinkle Eye Cream for 30+ Year Old
Magic Eye Cream-28 Seconds to Remove Eye Bags Dark Circles
The magic eye cream 28 seconds claims to give instant results. After applying the cream it will take just 28 seconds before you start to see your skin appear smoother and more plumped up. With continued use you will see wrinkles, bags and dark circles decrease. It contains Cayman oil which promotes cell turnover, improves immune function, repairs and hydrates the skin. Vitamin E, collagen and hyaluronic acid also deeply moisturise the skin and help to reduce the appearance of lines.
- Contains crocodile peptides which help to maintain youthful skin
- Firms the skin around the eye and increases elasticity
- Helps to prevent external damage to the skin
13. Best Anti Wrinkle Eye Cream Cruelty Free
Viola Skin Anti Ageing Eye Serum
The Viola Skin range is completely cruelty free. The Anti Ageing Eye Serum contains a combination of Vitamins, Matrixyl 3000, and Q10. The product hydrates & rejuvenates the skin eliminating dark circles, puffiness and bags. There are no harmful, harsh ingredients, paragons, additives, artificial fragrances or fillers. In my opinion Viola Skin is a fantastic brand and have a great range of skin care products that are very affordable. Some of their other skin care products are in the carousel below. Also check out some of my other Viola Skin Reviews at the links below.
- High Quality Eye Cream containing Q10 & Matrixyl 3000
- One of Amazon’s Best Sellers with over 3,000 five star reviews!
- A light serum that absorbs well into the skin
14. Best Day Eye Cream with SPF
ISDIN Eye Gel-cream with SPF 20
The ISDIN sunscreen is an excellent under-eye treatment for bags, dark circles and fine lines. It comes in a gel like cream which is suitable for all skin types. As well as being packed full of anti ageing ingredients including co-enzyme Q10 and Vitamin E it also contains both UVA and UVB SPF 20 filters. It is a lightweight non-greasy gel cream which absorbs quickly into the skin. This is a perfect anti aging eye cream.
- Protects against both UVA and UVB rays
- Comes in a light weight easily absorbed gel formula
- Contains anti ageing Vitamin E and Co-enzyme Q10
15. Best Eye Cream Mask
Elemis Absolute Eye Mask
The Elemis Eye Mask is nourishing and smoothing. It contains rose, mimosa, cornflower extract and camellia oil to help counteract dullness and dehydration. Your eyes will be left revitalised and rehydrated. To use the mask first cleanse your skin and then apply the product sparingly around the eye bone area. Do not apply it to the inner eye area or eye lid. Leave the cream on for 8-10 minutes and then remove with damp cotton wool.
This product is also suitable for vegans.
- Decongests and minimises dark circles
- Helps firm and tone
- Brightens eyes
16. Best Eye Cream for 40+ Year Old
AHAVA Extreme Firming Eye Cream
The AHAVA eye cream reduces wrinkles and significantly firms the skin around the eyes. It comes in a concentrated thick cream which contains minerals and nutrients from the Dead Sea. In time it will improve the skin’s radiance and reduce wrinkles. When you first apply it it immediately blurs the appearance of dark circles and fine lines. This is an excellent Dead Sea spa eye cream, and a great cream to get rid of dark circles around eyes.
The product is vegan and paraben free.
- Significantly firms the skin around the eyes
- Improves skin elasticity which reduces the appearance of lines
- Actively shields the skin and blurs signs of ageing
17. Best Oil Free Eye Cream
Hada Labo Tokyo Age Correcting Eye Cream
The Hada Labo under eye cream is perfect if you are looking for an oil free eye cream. Hada Labo is Japan’s best selling skincare line which is now available in the UK. Read my review of the range at the link below. Their eye cream is extremely light weight and safe for contact lens wearers. It restores moisture to the skin and smooths fine lines and wrinkles. If you have dark circles and puffiness the Hada Labo Tokyo eye cream will brighten and illuminate the entire eye area.
Hada Labo Brand Overview
- Lift and firms the eyelid area
- In a clinical study wrinkles and dark circles were reduced
- Contains hyaluronic acid, caffeine, and pink silk tree bark extract
18. Best Clinically Proven Eye Cream
Remescar Crow’s Feet Eye Cream
The Remescar instant eye cream is a clinically proven eye cream to reduce fine lines and wrinkles. It is suitable for both men and women and is instant-acting and highly effective. You will start seeing results after just one application. Check out the Remescar Crow’s Feet Eye Cream reviews on Amazon by clicking the Buy Now button below.
- Clinically proven and effective from first application
- Tightens skin with plant silicones and clay minerals
- Phyto-saccharides fill in wrinkles and rejuvenate the skin
19. Best Exfoliating Eye Cream
Body Merry Age Defense Eye Cream
It’s important to use an exfoliating eye cream which contains a chemical exfoliator such as glycolic acid or salicylic acid. These ingredients target milia which are small bumps that often appear on the skin under your eyes. Milia can last for months and even years and occur when dead skin and keratin become trapped under the surface of the skin forming tiny cysts. A good exfoliating eye cream helps to eliminate milia. It also helps smooth the skin, reduce fine lines and also helps other ingredients absorb better. The Body Merry Age Defense Eye Cream contains glycolic acid and over 50 potent anti-aging ingredients such as aloe, rose hip oil, jojoba oil, coconut oil, witch hazel, cocoa butter, cucumber, and green tea.
- Helps to increase blood flow to the eye area and reduce lines
- Stimulates cell turnover
- Eliminates dark circles and puffiness
20. Best Overall Eye Cream
Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel Eye Cream
This is the most hydrating eye cream I have ever tested. This eye cream is oil free, and enriched with hyaluronic acid and botanical Trehalose. It comes in a gel formula and quickly absorbs into the skin. I have found that the whole Neutrogena hydro boost range is very affordable and extremely effective. In my opinion it performs better than much more expensive creams. This eye cream targets dark circles, wrinkles, puffiness and fine lines and makes a noticeable difference to your skin straight away.
Neutrogena Hydro Boost Eye Gel-Cream
- Hyaluronic acid locks moisture into the skin
- Light water gel formula absorbs quickly into the skin
- Intensely moisturising with long lasting results
FAQs on Eye Beauty Care
Can rubbing your eyes cause dark circles?
Rubbing your eyes frequently can cause blood vessels in the eyelids to break. This could result in blood pools under the skin creating the effect of dark circles. There are many causes of dark circles however and rubbing your eyes is just one possibility.
Does Vitamin C lighten dark circles?
Vitamin C can help to prevent dark circles by strengthening the skin. It is also known for its skin-lightening properties.
What causes puffy eyes?
Puffy eyes can be caused by fluid retention. Fluid is more likely to get trapped in your lower eyelid as you get older.
What causes eye wrinkles?
Facial expressions such as smiling, laughing, squinting, and frowning all contribute to visible lines forming over time. Environmental factors such as sun and smoke are also factors as well as your genetics, dehydration and consuming excess sugar over time.
When do eye wrinkles start?
Levels of collagen start to decline as early as your teens and you may start to notice the first signs of lines around your mid 20s.
What can I do to reduce eye wrinkles?
Apart from investing in a good eye cream there are other steps you can take to reduce under eye wrinkles. Check out this article on 5 Prove Ways to Reduce Under Eye Wrinkles
Related Articles on Caring for the Skin Around Your Eyes
- 7 Ways to Care for the Skin Around Your Eyes
- 4 Ways to Improve Under Eye Skin
- Why the Skin Around Your Eyes Ages So Quickly
- The Fix for Dark Circles, Bags and Droopy Lids
- 8 Daily Beauty Habits That Are Aging Your Eyes
- Anti-Age Your Eyes – Expert Tips for Younger Looking Eyes