Is Twist curly girl approved? Twist is a range of hair care products by Ouidad to help reduce frizz and define curls. There are currently twenty products in the range, 14 of which are Curly Girl Approved. All the products I reviewed are listed in this post.
The Curly Girl Method is a hair care routine that comes from Curly Girl The Handbook by Lorraine Massey. Products that are approved for the method are free from ingredients that could either build up on curly hair, or dry it out.
All Curly Girl Approved products are free from:
- Silicones that are not water-soluble
- Alcohols or witch hazel (unless it’s marked as alcohol-free)
- Soap ingredients including potassium hydroxide and lye
- Waxes that are not water-soluble
Is Twist Curly Girl Approved?
Out of the 20 products I looked at, 14 of them were suitable for the Curly Girl Method. The list included a mixture of shampoos, conditioners and styling products.
Which Twist Products are Curly Girl Approved?
The following 14 Twist products are all Curly Girl approved.
- Twist by Ouidad Big, Rich, & Dreamy Ultra-Hydrating Cowash
- Twist by Ouidad Boss Bounce Light as Air Buildable Styling Cream
- Twist by Ouidad Curl Goals Moisture-Locking Leave-In Conditioner
- Twist by Ouidad Curl Reign Multi-Use Miracle Oil
- Twist by Ouidad Glow the Extra Mile 2-in 1 Hydrating Dry Oil
- Twist by Ouidad Hype it Up Weightless Refreshing Spray
- Twist by Ouidad On Repeat Gentle Oil Infused Shampoo
- Twist by Ouidad Primed & Co 2-In-1 Conditioner & Primer
- Twist by Ouidad Rally the Curls Weightless Curl-Defining Primer
- Twist by Ouidad Ready, Set, Bounce Soft-Hold Curl Defining Gelée
- Twist by Ouidad Stretch Seeker 3-in-1 Curl Stretching Cream
- Twist by Ouidad Sunday Feels Deep Hydrating Hair Mask
- Twist by Ouidad Weather Up Gel Weightless Curl Defining Gel
- Twist by Ouidad Weather up Light Super Light Styling Lotion
Which Twist Products Are Not Curly Girl Approved?
The following 6 Twist products are not Curly Girl approved.
- Twist by Ouidad Feelin’ Thirsty Curl Refresh & Conditioning Spray
- Twist by Ouidad Gimme it All 4-in-1 Hydrating Conditioner
- Twist by Ouidad Hit Reset Light Clarifying Shampoo
- Twist by Ouidad So Rich, So Fresh Cleansing & Conditioning Dry Shampoo
- Twist by Ouidad Strengthen the Bond Bond-Strengthening Hair Mask
- Twist by Ouidad Weather or Not Conditioner Element-Defying Conditioner
Other Useful Articles
- Is Olaplex Curly Girl Approved?
- Is OGX Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Garnier Fructis Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Cantu Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Aussie Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Aveda Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Ouidad Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Joico Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Zotos Curly Girl Approved?
- Is L’Oreal Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Maui Moisture Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Shea Moisture Curly Girl Approved?
- Are John Frieda Products Curly Girl Approved?
- Are Aunt Jackie’s Products Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Verb Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Curlsmith Curly Girl Approved?
- Is LUS Curly Girl Approved?
- Is HASK Curly Girl Approved?
- Curly Girl Approved Products for All Curl Types
- Can You Use the Curly Girl Method for Wavy Hair? (2a & 2b hair)
- How to Do the Curly Girl Method for Beginners
- How to Follow the Curly Girl Method
Posts From Other Beauty Blogs
If you found this article helpful, you may enjoy the following posts from other beauty blogs that I follow and trust.
- Here Are The Top 5 Mistakes Wavies Make When Starting The Curly Girl Method
- Curly Girl vs. No Poo Method
- Why These Women Don’t Follow the Curly Girl Method
- Silicones: Where They (Sometimes) Fit in a Curly Girl Routine
- A Review of DevaCurl Products
- 14 Secrets to Styling Naturally Curly Hair
- 10 Things All Curly-Haired Girls Should Do
- Pineapple Hair: What Is It and How It Works For Curly Hair
- 10 Biggest Curly Hair Mistakes
- Curl Defining Methods for 4c Natural Hair
- Magnesium Sulfate- Curly Friend or Foe
- 10 Habits of Girls with Perfect Curls
- These Are the 3 C’s of Curly Hair You Need to Know
- New Research Reveals the Best (and Worst) Cities for Curly Hair
- 3A Hair: A Thorough Guide for the Hair Type
- Unsure of How to Properly Use a Diffuser? Follow These Do’s and Don’ts