Is Joico curly girl approved? Out of the seventeen Joico products I Iooked at, only three of them were suitable for use with the curly girl method. I have listed in this post the three curly girl approved Joico products, as well as the fourteen that weren’t.
Curly Girl Approved products are free from the following:
- Sulfates / sulphates
- Silicones that are not water-soluble
- Alcohols or witch hazel (unless it’s marked as alcohol-free)
- Soap ingredients including potassium hydroxide and lye
- Waxes that are not water-soluble
Related: What is the Curly Girl Method?
Is Joico Curly Girl Approved?
Unfortunately none of Joico’s conditioners were curly girl approved. Only one of their shampoos was curly girl approved and two of their styling products (a lotion and a foam).
The Joico Curl Controlling Anti-Frizz Styler and the Curl Corrected Curl Perfecting Milk unfortunately both contain ingredients which mean they are not suitable for use with the CG method.
Which Joico Products are Curly Girl Approved?
The following 3 Joico products are all Curly Girl Approved!
Joico Defy Damage Protective Shampoo
The Joico Defy Damage Protective Shampoo gently cleanses and strengths the hair whilst protecting hair colour. This shampoo is a great option if you have dyed your hair in the past and want to preserve your colour as long as possible. It’s also a good choice if your hair is damaged as it helps to strengthen the hair bonds whilst gently removing sebum and dirt.
Joico Joilotion Sculpting Hair Lotion
The Joico Sculpting Lotion is a CG friendly, alcohol-free setting lotion. It provides curls and waves with light to medium hold, and leaves the curly hair shiny and bouncy. This product is a good choice for controlling frizzy hair that’s hard to manage. It helps to set the hair after blow drying and contains UV filters to protect the hair throughout the day.
Joico Joiwhip Firm-Hold Design Foam
The Joico Joiwhip Firm Hold Foam is a great alcohol-free styling foam that provides firm hold to the hair. It also adds body, shine and volume as well as contains filters to protect the hair from UV rays and environmental stress. This foam should be applied to damp hair after washing.
Which Joico Products are Not Curly Girl Approved?
The following 14 Joico products are NOT Curly Girl Approved.
- Joico Color Balance Purple Shampoo
- Joico Colour Endure Violet Conditioner
- Joico Colour Endure Violet Shampoo
- Joico Curl Controlling Anti-Frizz Styler
- Joico Curl Corrected Curl Perfecting Milk
- Joico Defy Damage Protective Conditioner
- Joico Defy Damage Protective Masque
- Joico Defy Damage Protective Shield
- Joico K-PAK Color Therapy Luster Lock
- Joico K-PAK Intense Hydrator
- Joico K-PAK Reconstructor
- Joico K-Pak Thermal Design Foam Mousse
- Joico Moisture Recovery Shampoo
- Joico Power Whip Foam 09
OTHER USEFUL ARTICLES
- Is Olaplex Curly Girl Approved?
- Is OGX Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Garnier Fructis Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Maui Moisture Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Aussie Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Cantu Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Aveda Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Ouidad Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Zotos Curly Girl Approved?
- Is L’Oreal Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Shea Moisture Curly Girl Approved?
- Are John Frieda products curly girl approved?
- Are Aunt Jackie’s Products Curly Girl Approved?
- Is HASK Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Verb Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Curlsmith Curly Girl Approved?
- Is LUS Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Pureology Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Renpure Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Jozi Curls Curly Girl Approved?
- Curly Girl Approved Products for All Curl Types
- Can You Use the Curly Girl Method for Wavy Hair? (2a & 2b hair)
- How to Follow the Curly Girl Method
POST FROM OTHER BEAUTY BLOGS
If you found this article helpful, you may enjoy the following posts from other beauty blogs that I follow and trust.
- Here Are The Top 5 Mistakes Wavies Make When Starting The Curly Girl Method
- Curly Girl vs. No Poo Method
- Why These Women Don’t Follow the Curly Girl Method
- Silicones: Where They (Sometimes) Fit in a Curly Girl Routine
- A Review of DevaCurl Products
- 14 Secrets to Styling Naturally Curly Hair
- 10 Things All Curly-Haired Girls Should Do
- Pineapple Hair: What Is It and How It Works For Curly Hair
- 10 Biggest Curly Hair Mistakes
- Curl Defining Methods for 4c Natural Hair
- Magnesium Sulfate- Curly Friend or Foe
- 10 Habits of Girls with Perfect Curls
- These Are the 3 C’s of Curly Hair You Need to Know
- New Research Reveals the Best (and Worst) Cities for Curly Hair
- 3A Hair: A Thorough Guide for the Hair Type
- Unsure of How to Properly Use a Diffuser? Follow These Do’s and Don’ts