Is Jozi Curls Curly Girl Approved? Jozi Curls is a curly hair care brand available to buy at Target. I looked at eight different Jozi Curls products and found 4 which were curly girl approved, and 4 which were not. All the products I looked at are listed in this post.
The Curly Girl Method is a hair care routine that comes from Curly Girl The Handbook by Lorraine Massey. Products that are approved for the method are free from ingredients that could either build up on curly hair, or dry out the strands.
All Curly Girl Approved products are free from:
- Witch hazel (unless it’s marked as alcohol-free)
- Potassium hydroxide and lye
Is Jozi Curls Curly Girl Approved?
Out of the 8 Jozi Curls products I looked at, half of them were approved for the curly girl method and half were not. The four products which I found to be curly girl approved were all styling products. Unfortunately the Jozi Curls shampoo, conditioner and scalp oil all contained either silicones or mineral oil.
Which Jozi Curls Products are Curly Girl Approved?
The following 4 Jozi Curls products are all Curly Girl approved.
- Jozi Curls Curl Enhancing Spray
- Jozi Curls Moisturizing Curl Butter
- Jozi Curls Strong Hold Styling Gel
- Jozi Curls Styling Gel
Which Jozi Curls Products Are Not Curly Girl Approved?
The following 4 Jozi Curls products are not Curly Girl approved.
- Jozi Curls Hair & Scalp Oil
- Jozi Curls Hydrating Shampoo
- Jozi Curls Leave-In Conditioner
- Jozi Curls Moisturizing Conditioner
Are Jozi Curls Clean?
All Jozi Curls products are free from sulfates, parabens, phthalates and colorants. They are also vegan and cruelty-free.
Is Jozi Curls Color Safe?
Jozi Curls products are all free from any harsh chemicals that could cause your hair colour to fade. This includes sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS) and sodium laureth sulfate (SLES).
Other Useful Articles
- Is Olaplex Curly Girl Approved?
- Is OGX Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Garnier Fructis Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Cantu Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Aussie Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Aveda Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Ouidad Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Joico Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Zotos Curly Girl Approved?
- Is L’Oreal Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Maui Moisture Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Shea Moisture Curly Girl Approved?
- Are John Frieda Products Curly Girl Approved?
- Are Aunt Jackie’s Products Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Verb Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Curlsmith Curly Girl Approved?
- Is LUS Curly Girl Approved?
- Is HASK Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Glycerin Curly Girl Approved?
- Curly Girl Approved Products for All Curl Types
- Can You Use the Curly Girl Method for Wavy Hair? (2a & 2b hair)
- How to Do the Curly Girl Method for Beginners
- How to Follow the Curly Girl Method
Posts From Other Beauty Blogs
If you found this article helpful, you may enjoy the following posts from other beauty blogs that I follow and trust.
- Here Are The Top 5 Mistakes Wavies Make When Starting The Curly Girl Method
- Curly Girl vs. No Poo Method
- Why These Women Don’t Follow the Curly Girl Method
- Silicones: Where They (Sometimes) Fit in a Curly Girl Routine
- A Review of DevaCurl Products
- 14 Secrets to Styling Naturally Curly Hair
- 10 Things All Curly-Haired Girls Should Do
- Pineapple Hair: What Is It and How It Works For Curly Hair
- 10 Biggest Curly Hair Mistakes
- Curl Defining Methods for 4c Natural Hair
- Magnesium Sulfate- Curly Friend or Foe
- 10 Habits of Girls with Perfect Curls
- These Are the 3 C’s of Curly Hair You Need to Know
- New Research Reveals the Best (and Worst) Cities for Curly Hair
- 3A Hair: A Thorough Guide for the Hair Type
- Unsure of How to Properly Use a Diffuser? Follow These Do’s and Don’ts