Is Cantu curly girl approved? Most Cantu products are curly girl approved including all of their gels. There are still a fair few Cantu products that are not CG approved however including some of their rinses, waxes and conditioners. In this post I’ve listed all the Cantu products which are Curly Girl Approved including where to buy them.
The Curly Girl Method is a hair care routine specifically for curly and wavy hair types. The idea came from a book by Lorraine Massey called Curly Girl: The Handbook. According to the CG Method you should not use haircare products that contain the following:
- Soap ingredients including potassium hydroxide and lye
- Waxes that are not water-soluble (PEG/PG/PPG)
- Silicones that are not water-soluble (PEG/PG/PPG)
- Alcohols or witch hazel (unless it’s marked as alcohol-free)
These ingredients in hair care products can build up on curly hair making it dry out or look dull. Since curly hair is more delicate than any other hair type it’s important to avoid any harsh ingredients that could damage curly locks.
Related: What is the Curly Girl Method?
IS CANTU CURLY GIRL APPROVED?
Fortunately Cantu make a number of shampoos, conditioners, gels, creams, masks, mousses and oils that are all curly girl approved. Despite this they do also have a fair few products that don’t meet the criteria for the Curly Girl Method. I’ve listed all these products at the end of this post so you can avoid them if you want to. In total I found 37 Cantu products that were Curly Girl Approved and 24 products that weren’t.
Which Cantu Products Are Curly Girl Approved?
The following 37 Cantu products are all Curly Girl Approved!
Cantu Anti-Frizz Smoothing Oil – Curly Girl Approved
The Cantu Anti-Frizz Smoothing Oil is great for rebellious hair as it smooths down frizz perfectly. You only need a little bit on either damp or wet hair. This Cantu oil is curly girl approved and a great choice for your curly hair journey.
Cantu Avocado Hydrating Curl Activator Cream– Curly Girl Approved
The Cantu Avocado Curl Cream contains avocado oil and shea butter to moisturise and soften dry, brittle hair. It should be applied to damp hair and can be reapplied to dry hair. You only need a small amount of this cream as a little goes a long way.
Cantu Avocado Hydrating Shampoo– Curly Girl Approved
The Cantu Avocado Shampoo contains shea butter and avocado oil to gentle cleanse and moisturise the hair and scalp. It’s one of my favourite curly girl approved hair products for wash day!
Cantu Avocado Hydrating Styling Gel– Curly Girl Approved
The Cantu Avocado Hydrating Styling Gel is one of the best curly girl approved styling products to achieve manageable, soft hair. It can be mixed with a Cantu cream such as the Curly Activator Cream to enhance definition.
Cantu Care for Kids Curl Refresher– Curly Girl Approved
The Cantu kids care curl refresher spray helps to prevent tangles. It’s lighter than a leave in conditioner and helps to hydrate and moisturise the hair. This is one of the best curly girl approved products for kids.
Cantu Care for Kids Leave-In Conditioner– Curly Girl Approved
The Cantu Care for Kids Leave-In Conditioner deeply conditions the hair and gentle detangles any knots. It helps to reduce frizz and moisturise fragile curls. The formula includes shea butter, coconut oil, avocado oil, olive oil and honey. It is free from mineral oil, sulfates, parabens, silicones, gluten and paraffin.
Cantu Care for Kids Styling Custard– Curly Girl Approved
The Cantu Styling Custard for Kids is an amazing product that contains shea butter, coconut oil and honey to nourish fragile coils, curls and waves. It provides intense moisture to the hair and helps to prevent split ends.
Cantu Cleansing Cream Shampoo– Curly Girl Friendly
The Cantu Cleansing Cream Shampoo is a sulphate free shampoo for natural hair. It helps to maintain the hair’s natural oils and prevent breakage. In my opinion this is one of the best curly girl products for cleaning the hair.
Cantu Coil Calm Detangler– CG Approved
The Cantu Shea Butter for Natural Hair Coil Calm Detangler moisturises and removes tangles. It’s an easy way to get knots out of matted hair.
TXTR by Cantu Color Treated + Curls Cleansing Oil Shampoo– CG Approved
The TXTR by Cantu Cleansing Oil Shampoo is another curly girl approved Cantu product. It contains shea butter and castor seed oil and is excellent for particularly dry curls and coils.
Cantu Comeback Curl Revitalizer– Curly Girl Friendly
The Cantu Comeback Curl Next Day Curl Revitalizer eliminates frizz and adds shine. It restores moisture to naturally curly hair.
Cantu Complete Conditioning CoWash– Curly Girl Friendly
The Cantu Complete Conditioning CoWash gently cleanses the hair without stripping it of its natural oils. It’s infused with fifteen natural butters and oils to remove build up whilst conditioning the strands.
Cantu Conditioning Creamy Hair Lotion– Curly Girl Friendly
The Cantu Natural Conditioning Creamy Hair Lotion helps to condition and detangle curls, leaving them bouncy and full of shine. The formula contains mango seed butter, sweet almond oil, honeysuckle flower extract and aloe barbadensis to deeply hydrate the hair.
Cantu Curl Activator Cream– Curly Girl Friendly
The Cantu Moisturising Curl Activator Cream is one of my favourite cantu products. It reduces frizz and provides light hold to curly, coily or wavy hair. It’s great for achieving bouncy curls and also helps to keep the hair nourished and moisturised. The formula contains red grape seed extract to enhance shine, and silk amino acids make the hair more glossy.
Cantu Dry Deny Moisture Seal Gel Oil– Curly Girl Friendly
The Cantu Dry Deny Moisture Seal Gel Oil helps to moisturise the hair and eliminate frizz. It contains jojoba oil, Argan oil, kukri nuts and shea butter to help define and enhance curls. It doesn’t contain heavy oils such as mineral oil which can weigh curls down.
Cantu Flaxseed Smoothing Cream Gel– Curly Girl Friendly
The Cantu Flaxseed Smoothing Cream Gel helps to define and soften curls. It contains honey, aloe vera, shea butter and vitamin E to nourish the hair whilst providing flexible hold.
Cantu Shea Butter Leave-in Conditioning Cream– Curly Girl Friendly
Cantu Shea Butter Maximum Hold Strengthening Styling Gel
The Cantu Maximum Hold Strengthening Styling Gel contains Jamaican black castor oil which promotes hair growth. It also helps to strengthen the hair whilst providing flexible hold. The formula contains pure shea butter which improves the hairs natural texture and smooths frizzy hair.
The following products are also Curly Girl Approved:
- Cantu Apple Cider Vinegar and Tea Tree Soothing Shampoo
- TXTR by Cantu Sleek Curls + Waves Defining Gel
- TXTR by Cantu Leave-In + Rinse Out Hydrating Conditioner
- Cantu Mega Hold Mixer Stay Glue Gel
- Cantu Wave Whip Curling Mousse
- Cantu Define and Shine Custard
- Cantu Extra Hold Edge Stay Gel
- Cantu Flaxseed Smoothing Leave-in or Rinse Out Conditioner
- Cantu Flaxseed Smoothing Oil
- Cantu Flaxseed Smoothing Shampoo
- Cantu Moisturizing Twist & Lock Gel
- TXTR by Cantu Oil + Vitamins Scalp Saver
- Cantu Shea Butter Coconut Milk Shine & Hold Mist
- Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioning Mist
- Cantu Shea Butter Maximum Hold Anti-Shedding Styling Gel
- Cantu Shea Butter Maximum Hold Moisture Retention Styling Gel
- TXTR by Cantu Shine + Sculpt Control Paste
- TXTY by Cantu Strengthen + Restore Moisture Mask
- Cantu Wave Whip Curling Mousse
WHICH Cantu PRODUCTS ARE NOT CURLY GIRL APPROVED?
The following 24 Cantu products are NOT Curly Girl Approved.
- Cantu Argan Oil Leave-in Conditioning Repair Cream
- Cantu Avocado Hydrating Conditioner
- Cantu Avocado Hydrating Repair Leave-In
- Cantu Care for Kids Conditioning Detangler
- Cantu Care for Kids Curling Cream
- Cantu Care for Kids Nourishing Conditioner
- Cantu Care for Kids Tear-Free Nourishing Shampoo
- Cantu Coconut Curling Cream
- Cantu Color Protecting Moisture Masque
- Cantu Curls + Coils Defining Cream
- Cantu Deep Treatment Masque
- Cantu Dry Co-Wash
- Cantu Flaxseed Smoothing Hair Wax
- Cantu Grow Strong Strengthening Treatment
- Cantu Hydrating Cream Conditioner
- Cantu Root Relief
- Cantu Root Rinse
- Cantu Shea Butter Daily Oil Moisturizer
- Cantu Shea Butter Hair Dressing Pomade
- Cantu Shea Butter Leave In Conditioning Repair Cream
- Cantu Shea Butter Moisturizing Cream Shampoo
- Cantu Shea Butter No Drip Hair & Scalp Oil
- Cantu Smoothing Leave-In Conditioning Lotion
- Cantu Thermal Shield Heat Protectant
OTHER USEFUL ARTICLES
- Is Olaplex Curly Girl Approved?
- Is OGX Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Garnier Fructis Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Aussie Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Maui Moisture Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Aveda Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Ouidad Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Joico Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Zotos Curly Girl Approved?
- Is L’Oreal Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Shea Moisture Curly Girl Approved?
- Are John Frieda products curly girl approved?
- Are Aunt Jackie’s Products Curly Girl Approved?
- Is HASK Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Verb Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Curlsmith Curly Girl Approved?
- Curly Girl Approved Products for All Curl Types
- Can You Use the Curly Girl Method for Wavy Hair? (2a & 2b hair)
- How to Follow the Curly Girl Method
POST FROM OTHER BEAUTY BLOGS
If you found this article helpful, you may enjoy the following posts from other beauty blogs that I follow and trust.
- Here Are The Top 5 Mistakes Wavies Make When Starting The Curly Girl Method
- Curly Girl vs. No Poo Method
- Why These Women Don’t Follow the Curly Girl Method
- Silicones: Where They (Sometimes) Fit in a Curly Girl Routine
- A Review of DevaCurl Products
- 14 Secrets to Styling Naturally Curly Hair
- 10 Things All Curly-Haired Girls Should Do
- Pineapple Hair: What Is It and How It Works For Curly Hair
- 10 Biggest Curly Hair Mistakes
- Curl Defining Methods for 4c Natural Hair
- Magnesium Sulfate- Curly Friend or Foe
- 10 Habits of Girls with Perfect Curls
- These Are the 3 C’s of Curly Hair You Need to Know
- New Research Reveals the Best (and Worst) Cities for Curly Hair
- 3A Hair: A Thorough Guide for the Hair Type
- Unsure of How to Properly Use a Diffuser? Follow These Do’s and Don’ts