Last Updated on April 28, 2022 by Olivia Herlihy RN
Is Curlsmith Curly Girl approved? Fortunately all but two of the Curlsmith products I looked at were Curly Girl approved. In this post I’ve listed all the Curly Girl approved products from Curlsmith, as well as the two that weren’t.
The Curly Girl Method is a haircare routine for curly and wavy hair. It originated from a book called Curly Girl: The Handbook by Lorraine Massey.
According to the Curly Girl Method you should not use hair products that contain the following ingredients:
- Silicones that are not water-soluble (PEG/PG/PPG)
- Alcohols or witch hazel (unless it’s marked as alcohol-free)
- Soap ingredients including potassium hydroxide and lye
- Waxes that are not water-soluble (PEG/PG/PPG)
The reason these ingredients are avoided is because they can either dry the hair out or build up on the hair making it look dull.
Related: What is the Curly Girl Method?
Is Curlsmith Curly Girl Approved?
Curlsmith make twenty three different products which are Curly Girl approved. This includes a shampoo and conditioner, and a variety of styling products.
Which Products are Curly Girl Approved?
The following Curlsmith products are Curly Girl Approved:
- Curlsmith Bond Curl Rehab Salve
- Curlsmith Bonding Oil
- Curlsmith Bouncy Strength Volume Foam
- Curlsmith Curl Conditioning Oil-In-Cream
- Curlsmith Curl Defining Styling Souffle
- Curlsmith Curl Quenching Conditioning Wash
- Curlsmith Double Cream Deep Quencher
- Curlsmith Feather-Light Protein Cream
- Curlsmith Fragrance-Free Shine Cream
- Curlsmith Fragrance-Free Shine Jelly
- Curlsmith Hair Makeup – Rose Gold
- Curlsmith Hair Makeup – Ruby
- Curlsmith Hold Me Softly Style Balm
- Curlsmith Hydro Creme Soothing Mask
- Curlsmith Hydro Style Flexi-Jelly
- Curlsmith In-Shower Style Fixer
- Curlsmith Intense Treatment Serum
- Curlsmith Moisture Memory Reactivator
- Curlsmith Scalp Stimulating Booster
- Curlsmith Shine Shampoo
- Curlsmith Super Slip Pre-Biotic Primer
- Curlsmith Wash and Scrub Detox Pro-Biotic
- Curlsmith Weightless Air Dry Cream
Which Products are Not Curly Girl Approved?
The following two Curlsmith products are NOT Curly Girl Approved:
- Curlsmith Full Lengths Density Elixir
- Curlsmith Post-Biotic Calming Conditioner
Other Useful Articles
- Is Olaplex Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Aussie Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Garnier Fructis Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Cantu Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Maui Moisture Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Aveda Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Ouidad Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Joico Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Zotos Curly Girl Approved?
- Is L’Oreal Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Shea Moisture Curly Girl Approved?
- Are John Frieda products curly girl approved?
- Are Aunt Jackie’s Products Curly Girl Approved?
- Is HASK Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Verb Curly Girl Approved?
- Curly Girl Approved Products for All Curl Types
- Can You Use the Curly Girl Method for Wavy Hair? (2a & 2b hair)
- How to Do the Curly Girl Method for Beginners
- How to Follow the Curly Girl Method
Does Curlsmith have silicone?
No. Curlsmith products are free from sulphates, parabens, silicones, mineral oils, phthalates, and DEA’s.
Does Curlsmith have alcohol?
Some of Curlmsith’s products contain cetearyl alcohol. Whilst most alcohols are drying, there are a few which actually help to hydrate the hair. Cetearyl alcohol is one of the hydrating alcohols along with cetyl alcohol, myristyl alcohol, lauryl alcohol, and behenyl alcohol.
Posts from Other Beauty Blogs
If you found this article helpful, you may enjoy the following posts from other beauty blogs that I follow and trust.
- Here Are The Top 5 Mistakes Wavies Make When Starting The Curly Girl Method
- Curly Girl vs. No Poo Method
- Why These Women Don’t Follow the Curly Girl Method
- Silicones: Where They (Sometimes) Fit in a Curly Girl Routine
- A Review of DevaCurl Products
- 14 Secrets to Styling Naturally Curly Hair
- 10 Things All Curly-Haired Girls Should Do
- Pineapple Hair: What Is It and How It Works For Curly Hair
- 10 Biggest Curly Hair Mistakes
- Curl Defining Methods for 4c Natural Hair
- Magnesium Sulfate- Curly Friend or Foe
- 10 Habits of Girls with Perfect Curls
- These Are the 3 C’s of Curly Hair You Need to Know
- New Research Reveals the Best (and Worst) Cities for Curly Hair
- 3A Hair: A Thorough Guide for the Hair Type
- Unsure of How to Properly Use a Diffuser? Follow These Do’s and Don’ts
Is Curlsmith Curly Girl Approved?
Please let me know if you come across any other Curlsmith products that are not listed in this post.