Is Aussie Curly Girl approved? Unfortunately Aussie don’t make any Curly Girl Approved shampoos or conditioners but some of their hair styling mousses and gels are CG approved. I’ve listed in this post some Curly Girl approved products from Aussie that are available in the UK.
The Curly Girl Method is a method for looking after curly and wavy hair that came from the book Curly Girl: The Handbook by Lorraine Massey. According to the Curly Girl Method you should not use products that contain the following ingredients:
- Silicones that are not water-soluble (PEG/PG/PPG)
- Alcohols or witch hazel (unless it’s marked as alcohol-free)
- Soap ingredients including potassium hydroxide and lye
- Waxes that are not water-soluble (PEG/PG/PPG)
The reason these ingredients are avoided is because they can either dry the hair out or build up on the hair making it look dull.
Related: What is the Curly Girl Method?
Is Aussie Curly Girl approved?
Unfortunately all of the Aussie shampoos and conditioners contain ingredients that are not approved in the Curly Girl Method. Aussie do however make some good gels and mousses which are Curly Girl approved and may be useful to you if your curls or waves need extra hold to make it through the day.
Which Products are Curly Girl Approved?
The two products listed below are both from Aussie and both Curly Girl approved. They are both excellent at helping to keep your curls defined and bouncy.
- Aussie Maximum Stop Instant Freeze Sculpting Gel
- Aussie Turn up the Curl Mousse
Which Products are Not Curly Girl Approved?
The following Aussie products are NOT Curly Girl Approved.
- Aussie Sprunch Strong Hold Hair Spray
- Aussie Miracle Curls Curl Defining Oil
- Aussie Miracle Curls Frizz Taming Cream
- Aussie Miracle Curls Crème Pudding
- Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Moist Deep Conditioner
- Aussie Sprunch Hair Mousse + Leave-in Conditioner
- Aussie Miracle Curls Co-Wash
- Aussie Miracle Moist Condtioner
- Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Curls
- Aussie Clean Volume/Bounce Back Dry Shampoo
- Aussie Instant Freeze Hair Spray
- Aussie 3 Miracle Oil Reconstructor
- Aussie Air Spray Alcohol-free Hairspray
- Aussie Total Miracle 7-in-1 Conditioner
- Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Calm the Frizz Deep Treatment
- Aussie Miracle Curls Conditioner
- Aussie Miracle Moist Shampoo with Avocado & Jojoba Oil
- Aussie Headstrong / Aussome Volume Hairspray
- Aussie Tousle Hustle Sulfate-Free Dry Shampoo
- Aussie Work That Curl Serum
- Aussie Mega Hairspray
- Aussie Miracle Curls Conditioner
- Aussie Miracle Curls Shampoo
- Aussie 7-N-1 Total Miracle Shampoo
- Aussie Sleekend Warrior Dry Conditioner
- Aussie Miracle Moist Intense Hydration Oil
- Aussie Total Miracle Detangling Spray
- Aussie Paraben-free Miracle Volume Shampoo With Plum & Bamboo
- Aussie Calm the Frizz Detangling Spray
- Aussie Miracle Curls Leave-In Detangling Milk
Other Useful Articles
- Is Olaplex Curly Girl Approved?
- Is OGX Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Cantu Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Garnier Fructis Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Maui Moisture Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Aveda Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Ouidad Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Joico Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Zotos Curly Girl Approved?
- Is L’Oreal Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Shea Moisture Curly Girl Approved?
- Are John Frieda products curly girl approved?
- Are Aunt Jackie’s Products Curly Girl Approved?
- Is HASK Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Verb Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Curlsmith Curly Girl Approved?
- Is LUS Curly Girl Approved?
- Is MONAT Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Pureology Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Tresemme Curly Girl Approved?
- Curly Girl Approved Products for All Curl Types
- Can You Use the Curly Girl Method for Wavy Hair? (2a & 2b hair)
- How to Follow the Curly Girl Method
POST FROM OTHER BEAUTY BLOGS
If you found this article helpful, you may enjoy the following posts from other beauty blogs that I follow and trust.
- Here Are The Top 5 Mistakes Wavies Make When Starting The Curly Girl Method
- Curly Girl vs. No Poo Method
- Why These Women Don’t Follow the Curly Girl Method
- Silicones: Where They (Sometimes) Fit in a Curly Girl Routine
- A Review of DevaCurl Products
- 14 Secrets to Styling Naturally Curly Hair
- 10 Things All Curly-Haired Girls Should Do
- Pineapple Hair: What Is It and How It Works For Curly Hair
- 10 Biggest Curly Hair Mistakes
- Curl Defining Methods for 4c Natural Hair
- Magnesium Sulfate- Curly Friend or Foe
- 10 Habits of Girls with Perfect Curls