Is Pureology Curly Girl approved? Out of the 22 Pureology products that I looked at, 4 were Curly Girl approved, and 18 weren’t suitable for the CG Method. All the products I reviewed are listed in this post.
Curly hair is delicate, and requires special care to stay moisturised and healthy. Created by Lorraine Massey, the Curly Girl Method is a great way to care for your curls and ensure that they stay defined and hydrated.
Curly Girl Approved products are free from sulfates, silicones that are not water-soluble, alcohols or witch hazel (unless it’s marked as alcohol-free), soap ingredients including potassium hydroxide and lye, and waxes that are not water-soluble.
These ingredients could either build up on curly hair and elongate the curls, or strip away natural moisture and lead to breakage. If you’re looking for a way to care for your curly hair, the Curly Girl Method is a great place to start.
Is Pureology Curly Girl Approved?
Unofrtunately out of the 22 products I investigated, only four of them were suitable for the Curly Girl Method. The four CG approved products included two shampoos and two conditioners. Unfortunately none of Pureology’s styling products were curly girl approved.
Which Pureology Products are Curly Girl Approved?
The following 4 Pureology products are all Curly Girl approved.
- Pureology Curl Complete Shampoo
- Pureology Hydrate Conditioner
- Pureology Smooth Perfection Conditioner
- Pureology Strength Cure Shampoo
Which Pureology Products Are Not Curly Girl Approved?
The following 18 Pureology products are not Curly Girl approved.
- Pureology Color Fanatic Multi Tasking Deep Conditioning Mask
- Pureology Color Fanatic Multi Tasking Hair Beautifier Leave In Spray
- Pureology Color Stylist Nourishing Nectar Sculpting Gel
- Pureology Curl Complete Conditioner
- Pureology Curl Complete Curl Extend Treatment Styler
- Pureology Curl Complete Style + Care Infusion
- Pureology Curl Complete Taming Butter
- Pureology Curl Complete Uplifting Curl Spray Gel
- Pureology Hydrate Sheer Conditioner
- Pureology Hydrate Sheer Shampoo
- Pureology Hydrate Shine Max Serum
- Pureology Pure Volume Shampoo
- Pureology Smooth Perfection Shampoo
- Pureology Strength Cure Best Blonde Shampoo
- Pureology Strength Cure Blonde Conditioner
- Pureology Strength Cure Superfood Treatment
- Pureology Style & Protect Beach Waves Sugar Spray
- Pureology Super Smooth Relaxing Serum
Does Pureology have silicones?
Yes, some Pureology products do contain silicones which means they are not approved for the curly girl method. For example, the Pureology Super Smooth Relaxing Serum contains cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, and phenyl trimethicone which are all silicones.
Other Useful Articles
- Is Olaplex Curly Girl Approved?
- Is OGX Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Garnier Fructis Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Cantu Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Aussie Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Aveda Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Ouidad Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Joico Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Zotos Curly Girl Approved?
- Is L’Oreal Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Maui Moisture Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Shea Moisture Curly Girl Approved?
- Are John Frieda Products Curly Girl Approved?
- Are Aunt Jackie’s Products Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Verb Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Curlsmith Curly Girl Approved?
- Is LUS Curly Girl Approved?
- Is HASK Curly Girl Approved?
- Curly Girl Approved Products for All Curl Types
- Can You Use the Curly Girl Method for Wavy Hair? (2a & 2b hair)
- How to Do the Curly Girl Method for Beginners
- How to Follow the Curly Girl Method
Posts From Other Beauty Blogs
If you found this article helpful, you may enjoy the following posts from other beauty blogs that I follow and trust.
- Here Are The Top 5 Mistakes Wavies Make When Starting The Curly Girl Method
- Curly Girl vs. No Poo Method
- Why These Women Don’t Follow the Curly Girl Method
- Silicones: Where They (Sometimes) Fit in a Curly Girl Routine
- A Review of DevaCurl Products
- 14 Secrets to Styling Naturally Curly Hair
- 10 Things All Curly-Haired Girls Should Do
- Pineapple Hair: What Is It and How It Works For Curly Hair
- 10 Biggest Curly Hair Mistakes
- Curl Defining Methods for 4c Natural Hair
- Magnesium Sulfate- Curly Friend or Foe
- 10 Habits of Girls with Perfect Curls
- These Are the 3 C’s of Curly Hair You Need to Know
- New Research Reveals the Best (and Worst) Cities for Curly Hair
- 3A Hair: A Thorough Guide for the Hair Type
- Unsure of How to Properly Use a Diffuser? Follow These Do’s and Don’ts