Is MONAT Curly Girl Approved? Out of the 48 MONAT hair products that I looked at, 37 were Curly Girl Approved, and 11 were not approved for the Curly Girl Method. In this post I have listed all the products that I researched.
The Curly Girl Method is a hair care routine that comes from Curly Girl The Handbook by Lorraine Massey. Products that are approved for the method are free from ingredients that could either build up on curly hair, or dry it out.
All Curly Girl Approved products are free from:
- Silicones that are not water-soluble
- Alcohols or witch hazel (unless it’s marked as alcohol-free)
- Soap ingredients including potassium hydroxide and lye
- Waxes that are not water-soluble
Is MONAT Curly Girl Approved?
Out of the 48 MONAT products I looked at, I found 37 that were Curly Girl Approved. This included a selection of different shampoos, conditioners, and styling products, as well as hair products for children.
Which MONAT Products are Curly Girl Approved?
The following 37 MONAT products are all Curly Girl approved.
- MONAT ADVANCED HYDRATING CONDITIONER
- MONAT ADVANCED HYDRATING SHAMPOO
- MONAT BLACK™ SHAMPOO + CONDITIONER
- MONAT COLOR LOCKING + PROTECTIVE SPRAY
- MONAT Damage Repair Bond Support Masque
- MONAT Damage Repair Bond-Building Hair Treatment
- MONAT Damage Repair Bond-Fortifying Hair Leave-In Crème
- MONAT HAIR TRANSFORMATION MASQUE
- MONAT Intense Repair Conditioner
- MONAT Intense Repair Shampoo
- MONAT Intense Repair Treatment
- MONAT JUNIOR™ Gentle Conditioner
- MONAT JUNIOR™ Gentle Detangler
- MONAT JUNIOR™ Gentle Shampoo
- MONAT Purifying Vinegar Rinse
- MONAT Purifying Vinegar Shampoo
- MONAT REPLENISH™ Masque
- MONAT RESTORE™ Leave-In Conditioner
- MONAT RESTRUCTURING PRE-WASH CONDITIONER
- MONAT RESTRUCTURING SHAMPOO
- MONAT Scalp Purifying Scrub
- MONAT Smoothing Anti-Frizz™ Blow Out Spray
- MONAT Smoothing Anti-Frizz™ Deep Conditioner
- MONAT Smoothing Anti-Frizz™ Deep Intensive Treatment
- MONAT Soothing Micellar Shampoo
- MONAT STUDIO ONE™ BLOW OUT CREAM
- MONAT STUDIO ONE™ CURL DEFINING CREAM
- MONAT STUDIO ONE™ FRIZZ-FIX SMOOTHING HAIR PRIMER
- MONAT STUDIO ONE™ THE MOXIE MAGNIFYING MOUSSE
- MONAT STUDIO ONE™ THERMAL PROTECT STYLING SHIELD
- MONAT STUDIO ONE™ Wave Spray
- MONAT SUPER MOISTURE MASQUE
- MONAT SUPER NOURISH™ OIL CRÈME CONDITIONER
- MONAT SUPER NOURISH™ OIL CRÈME SHAMPOO
- MONAT UNKNOT DETANGLER
- MONAT VOLUMIZING REVITALIZE™ Conditioner
- MONAT VOLUMIZING REVIVE™ Shampoo
Which MONAT Products Are Not Curly Girl Approved?
The following 11 MONAT products are not Curly Girl approved.
- MONAT Advanced Hydrating In-Shower Masque
- MONAT Damage Repair Bond Support Shampoo
- MONAT RENEW™ Shampoo
- MONAT Smoothing Anti-Frizz™ Shampoo
- MONAT STUDIO ONE™ DRY TEXTURIZING SPRAY
- MONAT STUDIO ONE™ FLEXIBLE HOLD GEL
- MONAT STUDIO ONE™ GLOSSY SHINE MIST
- MONAT STUDIO ONE™ HEAT PROTECTANT SPRAY
- MONAT STUDIO ONE™ THE CHAMP™ CONDITIONING DRY SHAMPOO
- MONAT STUDIO ONE™ Volume & Lift Spray
- MONAT THICKENING SPRAY
Does MONAT Have Silicone?
There are some MONAT hair products which do contain silicone which means they are not suitable for the Curly Girl Method. For example the MONAT RENEW™ Shampoo contains Amodimethicone, and the MONAT Advanced Hydrating In-Shower Masque contains Dimethicone. Amodimethicone and Dimethicone are both silicones.
Are all MONAT Products Sulfate Free?
Yes, all MONAT products are free from sulfates (SLS and SLES).
Other Useful Articles
- Is Olaplex Curly Girl Approved?
- Is OGX Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Garnier Fructis Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Cantu Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Aussie Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Aveda Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Ouidad Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Joico Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Zotos Curly Girl Approved?
- Is L’Oreal Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Maui Moisture Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Shea Moisture Curly Girl Approved?
- Are John Frieda Products Curly Girl Approved?
- Are Aunt Jackie’s Products Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Verb Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Curlsmith Curly Girl Approved?
- Is LUS Curly Girl Approved?
- Is HASK Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Phenoxyethanol Curly Girl Approved?
- Curly Girl Approved Products for All Curl Types
- Can You Use the Curly Girl Method for Wavy Hair? (2a & 2b hair)
- How to Do the Curly Girl Method for Beginners
- How to Follow the Curly Girl Method
Posts From Other Beauty Blogs
If you found this article helpful, you may enjoy the following posts from other beauty blogs that I follow and trust.
- Here Are The Top 5 Mistakes Wavies Make When Starting The Curly Girl Method
- Curly Girl vs. No Poo Method
- Why These Women Don’t Follow the Curly Girl Method
- Silicones: Where They (Sometimes) Fit in a Curly Girl Routine
- A Review of DevaCurl Products
- 14 Secrets to Styling Naturally Curly Hair
- 10 Things All Curly-Haired Girls Should Do
- Pineapple Hair: What Is It and How It Works For Curly Hair
- 10 Biggest Curly Hair Mistakes
- Curl Defining Methods for 4c Natural Hair
- Magnesium Sulfate- Curly Friend or Foe
- 10 Habits of Girls with Perfect Curls
- These Are the 3 C’s of Curly Hair You Need to Know
- New Research Reveals the Best (and Worst) Cities for Curly Hair
- 3A Hair: A Thorough Guide for the Hair Type
- Unsure of How to Properly Use a Diffuser? Follow These Do’s and Don’ts