Is Amika Curly Girl Approved? Out of the 27 Amika products that I looked at, 9 were Curly Girl Approved, and 18 were not suitable for the Curly Girl Method. In this post I have listed all the Amika products that I researched.
The Curly Girl Method is a hair care routine that comes from Curly Girl The Handbook by Lorraine Massey. Products that are approved for the method are free from ingredients that could either build up on curly hair, or dry out the strands.
All Curly Girl Approved products are free from:
- Witch hazel (unless it’s marked as alcohol-free)
- Potassium hydroxide and lye
Is Amika Curly Girl Approved?
Out of the 27 Amika products I looked at, I found 9 that were Curly Girl Approved. This included a number of different shampoos and styling products. Unfortunately none of the Amika conditioners I looked at were Curly Girl Approved.
Which Amika Products are Curly Girl Approved?
The following 9 Amika products are all Curly Girl approved.
- Amika 3D Volume and Thickening Shampoo
- Amika Brooklyn Bombshell Blowout Volume Spray
- Amika Bust Your Brass Violet Leave-In Foam
- Amika Curl Corps Enhancing Gel
- Amika Haute Mess Texture Gloss
- Amika Reset Exfoliating Jelly Shampoo
- Amika Reset Pink Charcoal Detoxifying Scalp Cleansing Oil
- Amika The Kure Repair Shampoo
- Amika The Perfect Body Whipped Mousse / Plus Size Perfect Body Mousse
Which Amika Products Are Not Curly Girl Approved?
The following 18 Amika products are not Curly Girl approved.
- Amika Blockade Heat Defense Serum
- Amika Bushwick Beach No-Salt Wave Spray
- Amika Bust Your Brass Cool Blonde Conditioner
- Amika Bust Your Brass Cool Blonde Shampoo
- Amika Curl Corps Defining Cream
- Amika Flash Instant Shine Mask
- Amika Nice Cream Cleansing Conditioner
- Amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo
- Amika Phantom Hydrating Dry Shampoo Foam
- Amika Soulfood Nourish Mask
- Amika Supernova Moisture and Shine Cream
- Amika The Kure Bond Repair Conditioner
- Amika The Kure Multi-Task Repair Treatment
- Amika The Shield Anti-Humidity Spray and Heat Protectant
- Amika The Wizard Detangling Primer
- Amika Triple RX Mask
- Amika Vault Color Lock Shampoo
- Amika Vault Leave-In Conditioner for Color-Treated Hair
Does Amika Use Sulfates?
All of Amika’s products are free from sulfates (SLS, SLES, ALS).
Other Useful Articles
- Is Olaplex Curly Girl Approved?
- Is OGX Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Garnier Fructis Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Cantu Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Aussie Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Aveda Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Ouidad Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Joico Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Zotos Curly Girl Approved?
- Is L’Oreal Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Maui Moisture Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Shea Moisture Curly Girl Approved?
- Are John Frieda Products Curly Girl Approved?
- Are Aunt Jackie’s Products Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Verb Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Curlsmith Curly Girl Approved?
- Is LUS Curly Girl Approved?
- Is HASK Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Jozi Curls Curly Girl Approved?
- Curly Girl Approved Products for All Curl Types
- Can You Use the Curly Girl Method for Wavy Hair? (2a & 2b hair)
- How to Do the Curly Girl Method for Beginners
- How to Follow the Curly Girl Method
Posts From Other Beauty Blogs
If you found this article helpful, you may enjoy the following posts from other beauty blogs that I follow and trust.
- Here Are The Top 5 Mistakes Wavies Make When Starting The Curly Girl Method
- Curly Girl vs. No Poo Method
- Why These Women Don’t Follow the Curly Girl Method
- Silicones: Where They (Sometimes) Fit in a Curly Girl Routine
- A Review of DevaCurl Products
- 14 Secrets to Styling Naturally Curly Hair
- 10 Things All Curly-Haired Girls Should Do
- Pineapple Hair: What Is It and How It Works For Curly Hair
- 10 Biggest Curly Hair Mistakes
- Curl Defining Methods for 4c Natural Hair
- Magnesium Sulfate- Curly Friend or Foe
- 10 Habits of Girls with Perfect Curls
- These Are the 3 C’s of Curly Hair You Need to Know
- New Research Reveals the Best (and Worst) Cities for Curly Hair
- 3A Hair: A Thorough Guide for the Hair Type
- Unsure of How to Properly Use a Diffuser? Follow These Do’s and Don’ts