Is Amodimethicone Curly Girl Approved? Although Amodimethicone is a much lighter ingredient compared to other silicones like dimethicone, it still isn’t approved for the Curly Girl Method.
Is Amodimethicone Curly Girl Approved?
What is Amodimethicone?
Amodimethicone is a silicone-based polymer. It is used in hair care products to reduce the friction between the hair strands and improve the texture of the hair.
Amodimethicone is a popular ingredient in curly hair products because it’s a light silicone that won’t weigh down and elongate the curls. It also selectively binds to damaged hair, so is more strengthening than other silicones like dimethicone.
Is Amodimethicone Allowed in the Curly Girl Method?
The Curly Girl Method recommends that you avoid silicones altogether including lighter silicones like Amodimethicone.
When I am checking to see if a product is Curly Girl Approved, I look for the following 17 silicones in the ingredient list. If you find any of these silicones listed on your product this means it is not approved for the Curly Girl Method.
- Bisaminopropyl dimethicone
- Cetearyl methicone
- Cetyl Dimethicone
- Stearoxy Dimethicone
- Stearyl Dimethicone
- Behenoxy Dimethicone
- Phenyl trimethicone
- Aminopropyl Triethoxysilane
- Parsol SLX
- Bis-Amino PEG/PPG-41/3 Aminoethyl PG-Propyl Dimethicone
Which Brands Make CG Approved Products?
You can find a list of curly girl approved products, from different brands, at the links below. I hope this information helps you find the right CG approved products for your own hair.
- Is Olaplex Curly Girl Approved?
- Is OGX Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Garnier Fructis Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Cantu Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Aussie Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Aveda Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Ouidad Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Joico Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Zotos Curly Girl Approved?
- Is L’Oreal Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Maui Moisture Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Shea Moisture Curly Girl Approved?
- Are John Frieda Products Curly Girl Approved?
- Are Aunt Jackie’s Products Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Verb Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Curlsmith Curly Girl Approved?
- Is LUS Curly Girl Approved?
- Is HASK Curly Girl Approved?
- Is MONAT Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Phenoxyethanol Curly Girl Approved?
- Is Glycerin Curly Girl Approved?
Posts From Other Beauty Blogs
If you found this article helpful, you may enjoy the following posts from other beauty blogs that I follow and trust.
- Here Are The Top 5 Mistakes Wavies Make When Starting The Curly Girl Method
- Curly Girl vs. No Poo Method
- Why These Women Don’t Follow the Curly Girl Method
- Silicones: Where They (Sometimes) Fit in a Curly Girl Routine
- A Review of DevaCurl Products
- 14 Secrets to Styling Naturally Curly Hair
- 10 Things All Curly-Haired Girls Should Do
- Pineapple Hair: What Is It and How It Works For Curly Hair
- 10 Biggest Curly Hair Mistakes
- Curl Defining Methods for 4c Natural Hair
- Magnesium Sulfate- Curly Friend or Foe
- 10 Habits of Girls with Perfect Curls
- These Are the 3 C’s of Curly Hair You Need to Know
- New Research Reveals the Best (and Worst) Cities for Curly Hair
- 3A Hair: A Thorough Guide for the Hair Type
- Unsure of How to Properly Use a Diffuser? Follow These Do’s and Don’ts