Homemade beauty products can make great gifts and are easy to make! They contain only natural ingredients and can suit all skin types. This post contains over 100 different DIY recipes to make your own skin and hair care products.
Homemade beauty products have many benefits. Not only are they fun to make but you are also saving the environment by using less plastic!
Making products yourself costs a fraction of what they would cost to buy in the shops. When you make your own products you also know exactly what you’ve put into them and what your skin is absorbing.
I’m a big fan of DIY beauty products and prefer to only use simple ingredients on my hair and skin. I’ve been testing out natural beauty products on my hair for many years and have written a book to help others create their own beauty products to suit their hair type.
Over the years I’ve collected my favourite DIY beauty recipes, as well as come up with my own. This post contains a list of recipes of all the personal care products I’ve made myself. The list includes both my own recipes and other people’s.
Homemade Beauty Products
Ayurvedic Homemade Beauty Products
I’ve written an entire 34 page ebook on Ayurvedic hair care tips and homemade recipes. Ayurvedic treatments involve using only oils and natural herbs, and never harsh chemicals.
Make Your Own Homemade Beauty Products for Skin and Hair
Below are over 100 ideas for beauty products you can make at home! I hope you find them useful. I’m constantly updating this page with new recipes I find online! Let me know in the comments below if you try one of these recipes out!
Homemade beauty products for the FACE
Homemade skincare products can help to give the skin a more youthful appearance, and remove any dirt and dead skin cells. I’ve found recipes for everything from cleansers to serums to face cream!
Cleansing Balm Recipes
- Make this Emulsifying Cleansing Balm with Blue Tansy Oil
- Make this Charcoal Cleansing Balm
- Make this Orange Wax Cleansing Balm
- Make this Exfoliating Cleansing Balm with Jojoba Beads
Face Wash Recipes
- Make this Baking Soda Face Wash
- Make this Honey Face Wash
- Make this Honey and Matcha Face Wash
- Make this Anti-Inflammatory Honey and Green Tea Face Wash
- Make this Honey and Chamomile Face Wash
Homemade toners are great for improving skin tone and texture. If your skin is particularly dry, try adding a little bit of coconut milk to your recipe.
- Make this DIY Rose Water Toner
- Make this DIY Tea Tree Oil Toner
- Make this DIY Lemon and Witch Hazel Toner
- Make this DIY Green Tea Toner
- Make this Homemade Rice Water Toner
- Make this Coconut Water Face Toner
- Make this DIY Cucumber Toner
- Make this Healing Green Tea & Rose Toner
- Make this Rose Witch Hazel Toner
- Make this Apple Cider Vinegar Face Toner
- Make this Vitamin C Serum
- Make this Hyaluronic Acid Serum
- Make this Rose and Hyaluronic Acid Serum
- Make this CBD Infused Serum
- Make this Serum with Essential Oils
- Make this Rose Petal Oil
Eye Cream Recipes
- Make this Coffee Eye Cream for Puffy Eyes
- Make this Hydrating Eye Cream for Sensitive Skin with Birch Sap
- Make this Green Tea Eye Cream to Reduce Fine Lines & Wrinkles
- Make this Avocado Eye Cream
Do you want reduce under eye lines and wrinkles? Check out this article –
Face Mask Recipes
- Make this Licorice and Aloe Face Mask
- Make this Rose Clay Face Mask
- Make this Chocolate Face Mask
- Make this Avocado Face Mask
- Make this Coffee Face Mask
Lip Scrub Recipes
- Make this Brown Sugar and Honey Lip Scrub
- Make this Cotton Candy Sugar Lip Scrub
- Make this Peach Sugar Lip Scrub
- Make this Pink Lemonade Lip Scrub
- Make this Pineapple Lip Scrub
Lip Balm Recipes
Homemade lip balms are my favourite! I often mix up the ingredients that I put in them, and I recommend adding extra cocoa butter and vitamin E in the winter time.
- Make this Honey and Cinnamon Lip Balm
- Make this Tinted Lip Balm with Coconut Oil
- Make this Lavender Vanilla Vegan Lip Balm
- Make this Tinted Lip Balm with Honey and Tallow
Homemade beauty products for the BODY
Bath Bomb Recipes
- Make these Mermaid Bath Bombs
- Make these Moisturising Milk & Honey Bath Bombs
- Make these Fun Geode Bath Bombs
- Make these Lavender Bath Bombs for Bedtime
- Make these Pumpkin Spice Bath Bombs
- Make these bath bombs for kids
Shower Melt Recipes
- Make these Vicks Vapor Rub Shower Melts
- Make these Eucalyptus and Peppermint Shower Melts
- Make these Sleepy Time Shower Melts with Frankincense and Lavender
- Make these Lemon Shower Melts
- Make this Cranberry Vanilla Shea Butter Soap
- Make this Banana and Cream Soap
- Make this Herbal Soap with Rosemary and Peppermint
- Make these Gummy Bear Shower Jelly Soaps
- Make this Lemon Poppy Seed Soap
Bath Salt Recipes
- Make these Lavender Bubbling Bath Salts
- Make these Unicorn Fizzy Bath Salts
- Make these Lemon Tea Tree Eucalyptus Fizzy Bath Salts
- Make these Birthday Cake Bath Salts
Body Scrub Recipes
These recipes are great if you want to make a homemade body scrub. They also work well as face scrubs. I’ve tried adding in extra epsom salt at times when I’ve had especially flaky or dry skin.
- Make this Strawberry Sugar Scrub
- Make this Lemon Lavender Body Scrub
- Make this Lavender Sugar Body Scrub
- Make this Lemon Poppyseed Sugar Scrub
- Make this Mermaid Sugar Scrub
Body Butter Recipes
- Make this Gingerbread Whipped Body Butter
- Make this Unicorn Whipped Body Butter
- Make this Fluffy Body Butter with Lavender Essential Oil
- Make this White Chocolate Whipped Body Butter
- Make this Coconut Lime Whipped Body Lotion
Lotion Bar Recipes
- Make these Lavender Lotion Bars
- Make these Antibacterial Moisturizing Lotion Bars
- Make these Coconut Oil Lotion Bars
- Make these Lavender Orange Lotion Bars
- Make these Chai Lotion Bars
Healing Salve Recipes
- Make this Ginger Salve for Sore Muscles
- Make this Dandelion Salve for Cracked Skin
- Make this Calendula Healing Salve
- Make this Rose Petal Salve
- Make this Yarrow Salve for First Aid
- Make this Herbal Scented Deoderant
- Make this Mango-Lime & Spearmint Natural Deodorant
- Make this Coconut Scented Deoderant
- Make this Vanilla Scented Probiotic Deodorant
- Make this Lavender Scented Deoderant
Homemade beauty products for HAIR
Hair Mask Recipes
These hair mask recipes are great if you have dry or frizzy hair! Organic coconut oil is especially good at retaining moisture in the strands and reducing frizz.
- Make this Coconut Oil Hair Mask
- Make this Egg and Lemon Hair Mask for Growth
- Make this Shea Butter Hair Mask
- Make this Rice Water Rinse for Curly Hair
- Make a DIY Hair Mask for High Porosity Hair
- Make this Shampoo with Lavender Essential Oil
- Make these Avocado Shampoo Bars
- Make this Honey Shampoo
- Make these Chocolate Rhassoul Shampoo Bars
- Make these Dandelion Infused Shampoo Bars
Homemade beauty products for HANDS AND FEET
Hand Cream Recipes
- Make this Hand Cream for Winter
- Make this Lavender Shea Hand Cream
- Make this Lavender Hand Cream
- Make this Hand Cream with Mango Butter and Jojoba Oil
- Make this Hand Cream with Cocoa and Shea Butter with Almond Oil
Cuticle Cream Recipes
- Make this Cuticle Cream with Olive Oil and Shea Butter
- Make this Cuticle Cream with Lavender & Orange
- Make this Cuticle Cream with Lemon
- Make this Cuticle Cream with Honey and Beeswax
- Make this Cuticle Cream with Frankincense and Jojoba Oil
Foot Soak Recipes
- Make this Pink Himalayan Salt Foot Soak
- Make this Relaxing Tea Foot Soak
- Make this Listerine Vinegar Foot Soak
- Make this Stress-Relieving Lavender Lemon Foot Soak
- Make this Lime and Mint Foot Soak
Foot Scrub Recipes
- Make these Peppermint Foot Scrub Bars
- Make this Lemongrass and Chamomile Foot Scrub
- Make this Foot Scrub with Coconut Oil
- Make this Honey Lemon Foot Scrub
- Make this Lavender Foot Scrub
If you know any other recipe ideas for homemade beauty products please post them in the comments below. I will be updating this page regularly as I find new recipes for homemade beauty products so make sure to bookmark this page and check it periodically for updates! You can also subscribe to my mailing list and receive two free skincare checklists.
If you found this post useful please save this pin to your DIY or Beauty Board on Pinterest.
Homemade Beauty Products FAQs
How do I make my own skin care?
It is easy to make your own skin care with ingredients you have at home. Olive oil, coconut oil and yoghurt can all be used to make skin care and it is easy to add essential oils and wax. Amazon has a selection of ingredients you can order online to start making your own products.
What is the best natural moisturizer for face?
Weleda Skin Food is a great natural product as well as products by Neal’s Yard Remedies
How can we get glowing skin at home?
Try mixing turmeric powder with lemon juice and yoghurt and using this to make a face mask.
What home ingredients are good for your face?
Coconut oil, grapeseed oil, tea tree oil, Argan oil, rose water, apple cider vinegar, sea salt.
Other Posts Related to Skin Care
- What is the Difference Between CeraVe and Cetaphil?
- How to Use The Ordinary Products to Get Rid of Acne Scars
- The Best Korean Skincare Products for Acne
- How to Use Licorice Root to Fade Dark Marks
- Best Korean Cleanser for Dry Skin
- Best Korean Toner for Dry Skin
- Best Korean Cleanser for Acne Prone Skin
- Best Korean Moisturiser for Acne Prone Skin
- Best Korean Moisturiser for Sensitive Skin
- How to Use a Gua Sha for Face Slimming
- Best SPF 50 for Acne Prone Skin
- Best Face Wax for Sensitive Skin
- The Ultimate Face Masks to Get Rid of Acne Scars
- Best Beauty Products from Etude House
- Best Oil to Use on Dry Legs
- How to Use Potato on Your Face
- Best Eye Cream with SPF
- Best Moisturizers from Japan
- Best Face Serum on a Budget
This post was a list of over 100 Homemade Beauty Products
Thank you for reading my post containing over 100 homemade beauty products. If you have found a good recipe then please leave me a comment below with the link. I will keep this post updated and more DIY products including homemade shaving cream, homemade perfumes and a DIY dry shampoo.