6 Ways You Can Use the Pukka Castor Oil for Your Hair
Castor oil is well known for boosting hair health and growth. There are two types of castor oil: black castor oil and regular castor oil which is golden brown. Both oils are much heavier than other oils and are often mixed with a lighter oil like almond oil. Castor oil is rich in ricinlieic acid which is anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal and anti-bacterial. It helps increase blood flow in the scalp, which many believe is the reason it is said to encourage hair growth. Pukka Castor oil is organic and made from cold pressed castor seeds. It is high in vitamin E and contains essential unsaturated fatty acids. In this post I will show you six ways to use the Pukka Castor Oil for hair.
1. Enhance Your Eyebrows
If your eyebrows have become sparse you can dab some of the Pukka castor oil onto your eyebrows before bed. Over time you will see them start to fill in.
2. Grow Longer Lashes
Instead of eye make-up remover use some castor oil on a cotton wool pad. The oil will remove your mascara and eyeliner and at the same time coat your lashes, protecting them and lengthening them.
3. Nourish the Scalp and Stimulate Hair Growth
Massage the Pukka castor oil into your scalp to nourish the roots of your hair and stimulate growth. The oil balances the pH of your scalp and helps to stop dandruff. You should do this once a week and either leave it on overnight or for a couple of hours before washing out.
4. Rehydrate Your Hair and Make it Glossy
Castor oil makes an excellent hair mask and will leave your hair extremely hydrated and glossy. Massage the oil into your hair and leave it on for an hour before washing it out.
5. Hide Split Ends
Once the ends of your hair have become split they cannot be repaired. You can however use castor oil to make your hair stronger and less likely to break or split. The oil can also make the split ends seem less obvious and your hair less flyaway. Put a drop of the Pukka castor oil into your palm and rub your hands together before smoothing through the ends of your hair.
6. Repair Damage from Over Styling
If your hair has become damaged from over styling or colouring, the Pukka castor oil can help to bring it back to life. The oil actually protects your hair from heat and coats each strand making it look thicker and healthier.
Video on Using Castor Oil for Hair Growth
You can save the pin below to your hair board on Pinterest to help you remember the six ways you can use Pukka Castor Oil for hair.
Related Articles on Using Castor Oil for Your Hair
- Is Castor Oil The Secret To Hair Growth?
- How to Use Castor Oil for Hair Growth: Experts Weigh In
- Will Castor Oil Actually Help Your Hair Grow? We Investigate
- Using Castor Oil for Hair Growth
- Can Castor Oil Really Make Your Hair Grow?
RELATED ARTICLES ON HAIR MAINTENANCE
- Best Coconut Oil to Get Luxurious Glossy Hair
- How to Stop Hair Going Frizzy After Washing
- What to do if Your Hair Starts Falling Out
- The Best Supplements for Hair Growth
- Ginger Shampoo for Hair Growth
- 3 Products Similar to Olaplex Which Are More Affordable
- The Best Herbal Hair Oil for Growth and Thickness
- Best Heat Protection Spray to Use with Straighteners
- Best Shampoo and Conditioner for Black Hair Growth
FAQs on Using Castor Oil for Hair Growth
How long are you supposed to leave castor oil in your hair?
Try to use it at least once a week and leave it on for a minimum of 15 minutes (ideally over an hour) before washing it out.
Does castor oil thicken hair?
Although it doesn’t actually thicken the hair it may make your hair appear healthier and thicker because it is more hydrated.
Do you put castor oil on wet or dry hair?
Apply the castor oil to dry hair.
How long does castor oil take to grow eyebrows?
Hair grows in 12 month cycles so wait at least 3-4 months to see results